Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

deep water crossings

All the lights coming on indicates alternator not charging. This is actually quite common on many cruisers following deep wading. I wasted a day at Lincomb this time taking mine off to clean the c£%* out of it to free off the brushes. A good dunking seems to affect them. They can sort themselves out, but no way was mine going to. They need some sort of shield arrangement.

Chris

I think if the rain keeps up there will be a tad more water in the Fords :dance: :dance:

Great! Just lost an hour in there.

What a good guide and clearly gets updates.

Chris

Chris said:
All the lights coming on indicates alternator not charging. This is actually quite common on many cruisers following deep wading. I wasted a day at Lincomb this time taking mine off to clean the c£%* out of it to free off the brushes. A good dunking seems to affect them. They can sort themselves out, but no way was mine going to. They need some sort of shield arrangement.

Chris

Ah so its normal thats not to bad then, i do have a spares vehicle just in case. ;)
shield arrangement any pics

i was thinking of tank tapeing up the vent to see if that stops it or is that a bad idea.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm not sure he crossed that or just floated across :lol:

going back to the original question a 90 can wade upto 85 cms according to the handbook

Are you certain? Pretty sure it's 700mm. It'll do 850 I am sure, but in terms of manufacturer's figures?

I had my 120 well over the bonnet and up the windscreen without a problem, but the book said 700 for that model too.

Chris

Hey Tony - don't even think of trying that! I'm not coming in to put the line on!

Chris said:
Hey Tony - don't even think of trying that! I'm not coming in to put the line on!

No no no, I am fast learning my limits :lol:

Chris said:
Are you certain? Pretty sure it's 700mm. It'll do 850 I am sure, but in terms of manufacturer's figures?

I had my 120 well over the bonnet and up the windscreen without a problem, but the book said 700 for that model too.

Chris

Yep 90, 120 and 150 are all 700mm.

yes chris you are right - 85 cm is about the height of a 265 tyre.70cm is about the height of the second "groove" in the plastic trim on the door

Back