Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Delivery by Interlink

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
You have probably experienced this yourselves, but I am so impressed I thought I'd post it. We all hate waiting in for couriers (or lying b*****s as we sometimes know them as) but having ordered some plastic to make spring spacers yesterday, I have been kept informed all the way. look at this - real time location of my parcel. I can pop out, get my hair cut, walk the dog etc and know I am not going to miss him! I love it.

Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 09.56.49.jpg

that is COOL :icon-cool:

can you phone them to tell them to hurry up, if you see they have stopped at the local cafe for grub

That is very cool :icon-cool:

He's just finishing a bacon and mushroom butty. 2 sugars, splash of milk.

Good lad.

Oddly though in the picture above he doesn't seem to have moved for quite some time. hmm

4 deliveries today and he knows they will expect him to do 5 tomorrow if he gets back early , you will be chomping at the bit when he stops for an hour half a mile from your house lol i know i was . That's what happens when you pay by the hour .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
He arrived bang on time. Very chatty and I told him I had posted this on the forum. He was delighted. I got details from him on how to send parcels too. If I need to courier anything to someone, then I shall use them. They have a local depot too which is useful.

Job done. Now to machine up some spring spacers out of this log of HDPE.

That is very clever. I also like the Amazon lockers (and others) for small things

That is very cool the way I had that. I had a delivery coming to me a while back and followed his progress in one window and followed my wife's progress in another window (she was heading home). It was a very slow game of tracking.
Oddly, neither party left the house for a while :whistle: If my next child is also ginger... :think:

Weve had 2 deliveries using this system, its really very very good.

Guy today did tell me his names isnt really Henry though!

Pete

Got a parcel coming via DPD today and blow me they are using EXACTLY the same application. Could be third party tracking product that all the couriers have just bought into.

But now I can see when my package is coming, I am really disappointed at the time. Can I meet him en route and get it from him earlier?

DPD and Interlink are owned by the same company (Geopost, part of La Poste). Can't see it doing real-time tracking around here, cos I assume it uses 3g to update the location (little mobile coverage at all nearby).

Ahh, are they now Piers. Right. That would add up then. Yesterday, his van didn't actually say interlink on it but his overalls did. It said Parcel express or something.

Only so many parcels and so many vans I suppose.

C

Its not quite real time, once the parcel is delivered the driver presses a job complete button on the encoder in the van, this then updates the location, so you don't actually see the vehicle moving like on a GPS.

There are real time systems like lowjacker that give a real time update, ideal for emergency services etc, but possibly overkill for parcel deliveries!

Pete

Back