Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dent in my ego and RH front door.

chriscolleman

Boohoo boohoo.

After a very short night and a long day at work, I did the dreaded deed.

Heaved myself in the cruiser, turned on the get going key, turned the wheel,....

and promptly sideswiped a decent sized galvanised pipe some &€@ù had pounded into the ground to hang the parking space ribbon on. :doh:

I'd prefer it had been a battlescar from laning and not just a parkinglot mishap, but there it is. A big dent in my RH front door and my ego!

Finally I'll get to fit those new window runners and perfect my utterly CR@P bodyworking skills. Pics to follow soon, the dent in my ego needs drowning in whiskey first :whistle:

mvxblp

nw5jtj

Decided to remove the door today.
The inner collision tube hasn't been touched, but the outer shell has been pushed inwards the full length of the door.
Everything functions as normal.

Phoned Toy for a new door and needed another cup of coffee :o
Mailed another parts source and am awaiting their response.
Could also let the local paint and finish guy try to work a small wonder?

Any suggestions?

Having another cup of coffee now :snooty:

Might just be easier to get the other three doors to match :whistle:

Bad news. But you should see Gav's!

Chris

You gave that a good one :?

I'd be tempted to get a handy man with some hammers sort it out, unless a bottle green door happens your way for not much.

I'd also be tempted to buy a door in that condition if it was my driver's and not passenger side that was crumpled.

hi chris,ive a green driver door with no dents £55 inc p+p,if you are interested callon 07791480343,cheers stef

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks stef,

As I'm located in Belgium your drivers door is a passenger door.
If you could take some pics off the inner and outer door and PM them.
Then I'll gladly take it off your hands if its a match, should be :D

Otherwise there is still the pull out & repair guy.

Thanks again guys.

Not as bad as my nightmare.
We were about to board the ferry, the next day, from UK to France for cycling trip with bikes on the back. I reversed into a giant oak post 2metre high. First I heard was an explosion when the rear screen burst. Both bikes like bananas and a bent tailgate!

Same colour green as well!

Frank

The top tailgate has been done on mine, they tend to rust through after 10 plus years.

Took the cruiser and door to the local paint and finish place.
If they can find a decent replacement second hand door, they'll fit that and repaint.
Otherwise they'll try their hand at repairing the door and paint.

Third option is a brand new door and repaint.

Seen several breakers doors in the meantime, and they all have more internal oxidation than mine has. Thats the problem when driving around a in 17 year old vehicle. The newest broken 80's are 13 years and older.

I've got this funny feeling I'll be sponsoring Mr Toys parts department ;)

I've been lucky with mine as it lived by the sea. I've looked inside the top and lower tailgates and there is no rust at all. Drivers door is like new inside.

Frank

nyc01p

She's back from the local paint and finish shop. Nicely done.
Spent the morning fitting up all the electrical bits and the interior trim.
Gave the window runners a nice wash, it's better but probably not like new. Will have to do for now.

Anyone game for a free RH door? With inherent dent, but weatherproof and maybe of some use for extreme laning.

Now for some decent HD rocksliders, doorprotectors :lol:

Looks good as new, Chris :thumbup: Maybe Gav would like the old door - right colour for him and it would spruce up his 80 no end :laughing-rolling:

With you there AP, thats in way better shape than mine Chris!!! :lol:

Back