Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diagnostic Socket on a 2001 Amazon

V 8

Garage
Can someone tell me please whether the 2001 Amazon 4.2TD's have an OBD diagnostic socket, if so where are they. The only diagnostic socket I can see is under the bonnet but its not OBD. Our KTS computer states all cruisers are in fact OBD so im a little confused. Any help is appreciated.

Just above the brake pedal. The socket is ODBII but the communications protocol is not so your computer will need to speak Toyota's version to work.

Hi Jon and thanks for the quick reply. Ive plugged in and your right in saying the computer wont read it. The problem im having with it is that it starts first turn of the key, drives fine for about 5 miles then hesitates and cuts out. Wait a few mins and it starts first go then does another few miles before cutting out again. I have checked the pick up in the tank and thats fine, I have replaced the fuel filter and its still the same. Im guessing it could be the filter housing but Im hoping you have some ideas on what it could be seeing as your the king of cruisers :)

Check & clean the plugs to the IP. Particularly the one to the Spill Control Valve.
Nother option is the EGR.

Thanks for the reply, how can I tell if its the egr valve? Can it be blanked off?

Check this link for a full explanation/discussion/procedure.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I don't know much about the diesel 100's, I've gone petrol :)

Back