Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi all,

Beaujangles7

Country Flag
great_britain
can someone help me please? I have managed to crack the 2 x water pipes that pass under the drivers side of my 2001 Land Cruiser Colorado (Prado). The pipes are metallic and approx. 10mm diameter, they come down from the engine bay and under the car alongside the chassis under the drivers side. For the time being I have looped the 2 connections together under the bonnet therefore bypassing these pipes but now of course there is no heating in the car.

Sorry my car is a KZJ95R 3.0cc TD

Can anyone suggest where I can look to order 2 new pipe lines please?

Thanks & Kind regards

Last edited:
Hi, those are the pipes to the rear heater matrix and a very common problem area on Colorados. They don't affect the operation of the front heater though, so that should still work.

You have three options - buy new steel pipes from Toyota (or Amayama etc), leave the rear heater disconnected as you have done now, or replace the steel pipes with rubber heater hose. Almost everyone seems to choose option 2 or 3. If you search on the forum, you'll find several threads on this subject. I hope that helps you.

Hi, those are the pipes to the rear heater matrix and a very common problem area on Colorados. They don't affect the operation of the front heater though, so that should still work.

You have three options - buy new steel pipes from Toyota (or Amayama etc), leave the rear heater disconnected as you have done now, or replace the steel pipes with rubber heater hose. Almost everyone seems to choose option 2 or 3. If you search on the forum, you'll find several threads on this subject. I hope that helps you.
Hi Beastrider,

Thank you very much for your advice. I have now ordered rubber heater hose so hopefully it will be sorted soon.
Thanks again.

Hi Beastrider,

Following your previous comments do you know if I need additional connectors for the rubber hose when I replace the steel pipes please? Thank you

If you search the previous threads, you'll find some details. Search for "rear heater pipes leaking. Replacement ideas". Quite an easy job. Good luck.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm currently lookiong at this job.

The part number for the pipes is 87248-35030 (mine is petrol but I think diesel is the same although the hoses in the engine bay differ). Toyota GB don't have any and can't get them and they were £186.37 when they last stocked them. Amayama and Partsouq list them but don't have any stock either; they say about £80 but who knows what shape they'd be in after shipping from UAE or Japan.

I bought the rubber hose and connectors but haven't got round to doing the job yet. I considered trying to repair the rusty sections with copper fittings from the plumbing shop but thought the galvanic corrosion between copper and steel would see the remaining good sections of steel dissolve pretty quickly.

Back