Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Do we know this 80 - looks ready to roll.

I do not recall that 80. So what happened to the one in Burnley in the end?

T*sser t*sser t*sser t*sser t*sser t*sser t*sser t*sser t*sser t*sser t*sser t*sser

Too angry to say any more Rob.

T*sser.

Chris

Let us know when you have calmed down. Can't keep us in the dark for ever.

I have seen that 80 before, it used to owned by a guy who was associated with TBR, back when they were based at Harwich and ran the odd organised trip. If I remember correctly the owner used it to lead to some of the trips. I think it also featured on a stand at the Peterbourgh show a few years back.

Julian V may know more, and I think it has been on and off the market for quite a while now, a very reluctant half hearted sale it would seem. If the price came down a bit further, it would make someone a nice truck.

£14,000.

Sure would need to come down to get people intereted.

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Funny thing pre built trucks. Yes Gra, people wouldn't be interested at that price but then would spend £30k to build one of their own, just the same. Like me for example. Some people don't know one end of a spanner from a washing line and for them, buying one built is the perfect solution. But there aren't many of those around hence they don't really sell very quickly. That is worth the money just to take to bits and put the parts onto you own truck! Add up the bits, deduct the base vehicle and suddenly it looks worth it. I could do that, then sell the truck on and keep the bits. ARB front just cost me a grand, winch, rear ARB carrier etc etc. Hang on a minute, maybe I SHOULD buy it.

Chris

Funny thing pre built trucks. Yes Gra, people wouldn't be interested at that price but then would spend £30k to build one of their own, just the same. Like me for example. Some people don't know one end of a spanner from a washing line and for them, buying one built is the perfect solution. But there aren't many of those around hence they don't really sell very quickly. That is worth the money just to take to bits and put the parts onto you own truck! Add up the bits, deduct the base vehicle and suddenly it looks worth it. I could do that, then sell the truck on and keep the bits. ARB front just cost me a grand, winch, rear ARB carrier etc etc. Hang on a minute, maybe I SHOULD buy it.

Chris

Marius and I totally agree Chris - just the ARB stuff on it new would set you back at least £6K+ excluding all the other bits :wtf:. Are you tempted now :think:

PS - not so long ago I was one of "those" that never knew one end of a spanner from a washing line :lol::lol:

Caron if it were just around the corner then maybe. But too much hassle to see it, buy it, drive it up, then strip it and then sell the car on. Nah.

Chris

Caron if it were just around the corner then maybe. But too much hassle to see it, buy it, drive it up, then strip it and then sell the car on. Nah.

Chris

If its down our end of the woods we will happily have a look for you - you know how thorough Marius is :lol:

I used to do the same with bikes , aftermarket parts are typically added at great expense only to decrease the vehicle value over standard machines when traded in , so i'd buy it for maybe a grand under market value - remove a grands worth of aftermarket kit and replace it with standard items - then sell it at a profit as an unmolested vehicle at the next garage down the road . Eventually someone would come along who truly appreciated the value of Ohlins shocks and custom swingarms etc etc and make me an offer i couldn't refuse on the bike i rode . It was a great way of funding my hobby which was tinkering with bikes .

Back