Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Do you use your handbrake?

Dave Burgess said:
Cossack said:
Julian said:
Maybe, we should talk to X Eng about the design of a prop shaft disc system in the same style as their Land Rover and Suzuki systems
:idea: Now that's a brilliant idea, I might just give him a ring in the morning.
Chas
Almost like I suggested in the second post on this topic :lol: Chas, do you have an 'in' with X-Eng?
Sorry Dave I didn't mean to steal your thunder, and no I don't have any special relationship with X-Eng, it's just that I've bought a few odds and sods from him in the past, all that I've had has been quality stuff. :thumbup:
Chas

GavPeter wrote "Mine works well for the 1st week or so after an MOT on which it always fails... I use it but it has very little effect unless the lever is touching the sunroof..."

Er, don't use mine much either, and its ALWAYS an MOT failure -- I don't even use it on uphill starts...
Cheers
Renate

My handbrake is useless but somehow it always manages to pass the MOT :confusion-confused:
Chas

These handbrakes of yours. Are they all on disc's?

What you could do is to squirt some coke into the handbrake drum and pull up the brake. Then drive it to get those shoes nice and tacky. Won't last very long, but should make your MOT at least.

Back