Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Does anyone have one of these lying around? And also...

outdoordan

Supporter
Reversed into a fencepost down the harbour the other day. Door will pull out but the light cluster is fubarred.

If anyone has a spare one knocking about please let me know.

Also, quick question... probably not important but maybe. I have to rebuild my steering box sometime soon. Have it pencilled in for the first job when in the new workshop when I finish building it.

Are the 80 series and 70 series steering boxes the same? Found a brilliant rebuild video on youtube for rebuilding an 80 series steering box. They look identical.

Cheers

20210729_144923.jpg

Did you ever find out about the steering box? I also need to replace or rebuild mine on my 1988 LJ73.

Did you ever find out about the steering box? I also need to replace or rebuild mine on my 1988 LJ73.
Hi. I bought a rebuild kit from Euro 4x4 for the steering box. Got a rebuild kit for power steering pump as well. Theres a video guide to rebuilding the box on youtube. Doing steering box and gearbox when the tub is off in the spring.

Thx. I’ll look into it. My power steering is good, just loose AF.

I looked for a rebuild kit on there but the closest to ing I could find was this. Is that what you got as a “rebuild kit?”

Rolly
32522AD6-FEA9-4866-A545-DA0E6B374313.png

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think thats it Rolly. I'm in workshop in a bit. I'll take pics of the box

Back