Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Does Code 47 "CDL Open Circuit" Mean CDL is Stuck On, or Something Else?

MH_Stevens

Country Flag
united_states
I have a code 47 "CDL open circuit" indicated by the VSC TRACK and VSC OFF lights being on with a 4-7 flash code.

Does this just mean my CDL is stuck on and I need drive back and forth to unstick it, or does it indicate a wireing problem? The CDL on light is NOT on, and the actuator does click.

UPDATE: CDL on light in cluster does not test when ignition turned on so bulb may be burnt out. ALSO test driving shows I think the CDL is NOT engaging. Couple this with my code 47 above can anyone help or must I go to the dealership?

Another UPDATE - yet it seems no one comes by here. Cluster bulb good, cleaned all electrical connections I can find. Still same condition.

Would help to know which vehicle we're dealing with....

Looking at the CDL circuit for a 2004 LC100, it looks like the VSC ECU depends on the indicator bulb to be in working condition, the MET fuse (7.5 A) to be ok, and the CDL detection switch to give good ground when locked. If the 12 v, through the fuse and the bulb, is missing, that would be an 'open circuit'.

Last edited:
Bulb and fuse OK. I've cleaned the input contacts to the CDL switch but not reseated the ground. I'll look to see if I can see a ground wire.

Thanks, any more info to avoid the stealership is great.

Back