Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Don't forget your cabin filters.

Juddian

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
Too easy to forget them, noticed the Forester heater wasn't as good as usual as we enter winter, whipped the cabin filter out and it was full of leaf and dust debris, vacuumed it clean for the time being took measurements and have a new one on order, then did the same with the 120 and that was almost as bad, again vacuumed for now and a new one on order.

No excuses offered, i'm almost religious on oil and oil/fuel filter changes, coolant brake fluid transmission oils prop greasing etc but the cabin filter never crosses what loosely passes for my mind these days, its probably 3 years since i looked at either one.

The 120 is a doddle, only a case of squeezing the glove box sides allowing it do drop and it clicks off its hinges for access, no tools necessary other than a torch if you no longer have the eyes of a teenager, Forester needed 7 JIS screws removing and the whole lower dash section carrying the glove box comes off, but still easy enough so again no excuse :icon-redface:

Note the Forester aftermarket measurements are all over the shop, 120 is about 215mm square or a fraction over and all seem to be the right size where dimensins are stated.

Any views on best replacement? A quick look on eBay has them ranging between about £7 at one end of the scale to over £44 for the oem one. What do folk recommend?

I got mine from Wilco direct for about £4 each when I got 4 delivered free about 4 years ago , they were made by a company called comline , cabin filters are not critical items , and any well known make will do .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back