Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Don't you wish

Ted only one

Country Flag
england
Don't you wish you had bought that 80 series for £3500 2 years ago. but said wow that's over priced never get that sort of money. hahaha do you keep yours now or sell it and get the high price.?

Don't remember seeing many 80 series for £3500 two years ago Ted, TBH... ten years ago maybe!

Problem with selling now and making a few quid is: what do you replace it with? All used 4x4 prices are spiralling at the moment - especially Landcruisers and Defenders. Even my Hilux is worth the same today (if not more) than what I paid for it 2 1/2 years ago.

I'd snap up every one I came across at £3500 now Ted. The sheer number of 80s exported and broken up now they seem to be getting rarer. Its nice that they are rising in value but as Dave said even if you sell high theres nothing at all that will replace it.

I only gave £2650 for my 24v auto 6 yrs ago. A good friend of mine put me on to it. It was mega clean (and still is). Don't get them like that no more

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Don't remember seeing many 80 series for £3500 two years ago Ted, TBH... ten years ago maybe!

Thats about right, there was a few good buys 5-6 years ago 80 wise, like Gav I got my 24V auto 6 years ago for a bit more than Gav paid and its probably trebled in value but I do use it pretty much daily..
To put into perspective when I got divorced in 2007 my pretty good VX 80 was worth about £3.5K , by 2013, when I sold it it had increased to £7K. If it was marketed now in the same condition it might be nearer £9k perhaps.
I know a trader in Bradford who regularly unearths decent 80's and 100's and they are bought for well less than some of the prices bandied about on Ebay and the net. All these 80's advertised don't fly off the drive.

if I found one for £6000 now I'd buy it without going to see it. but not from Bradford. Scotland. Cornwall.

There was a decent looking 80 12v in red last week for 6k on Ebay. Mot checked out well too. Surprised it hung about for the few days that it did. Could have been a scam though I suppose.

The way Putins F%&king about, There might not be a next 6 months, Which leads to the Question, Which Vehicle do you Take to escape to The Next Continent.... Load up the 80 Then sit in Traffic for the Next 5 hrs Waiting for the Ferry.. Or Jump on the Africa Twin and get to the Front of the Queue and sit there for the next 5 hrs waiting for the ferry ??? Decisions, Decisions ..... My outcome would reflect on weather i decide to take the 'Missus' or Not :confusion-shrug:

Price of the trucks has obviously increased over the years, but as Andy said, just because people are asking some really stupid money doesn't necessarily mean these trucks are all selling for those prices - you do see the same over priced trucks appearing again and again (with the same owners) on eBay, Autotrader, etc. But a well priced, tidy truck does seem to sell quickly.

Let's see what the huge spike in fuel price does to demand for these trucks and the prices being asked for them cos' I just can't see fuel dropping back to pre panic prices, if and when the Ukraine crisis is resolved. There's just too much money being made by certain "interested" parties.

I would be looking to Double the Sale price on Mine, Compared to what i paid for it..... But as other's have said, Who knows when the Bubble will burst....... Oh! and Diesel went up Nearly 12p a litre overnight Down this way, The Most i saw was somewhere near Rye in Sussex Yesterday, £1.60 a litre :wtf: ....(Esso)

If it happens it will be reluctantly Gav but for the first time ever i'm racing the clock to raise capital which is not a pleasant feeling when a main dealer is telling you engine parts might take 6 weeks to source a month after your cash generator broke down .

There will always be 'barn finds' that are mint, but it will command top money, in my mind the 80 is the last of the 'true' off roaders, but don't see them being rare enough to not reach a 'ceiling', and they won't be purchased by people planning in off roading. They might help those (including me) that has had their private pension fund raped, mine was and when I retire I might become prostitute.

Regards

Dave

Really feel for you mate. Hope things fall into line for you I really do. On the other side of the issue there was someone on here in the week with 15k for a nice manual truck which yours certainly is.

Yeah i know , saddest part is its not like i need cash i just need time .

Back