Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Door ladder for 80 Series

I know a member on here who bought a similar ladder to these for his 120 and the quality of it was very poor, and I looked at it.
the welds for the rungs didnt go all the way around the rung for example - only the outer part
and there were sharp edges and it didnt feel that strong

and i am sure someone else on here got one, i will have a search...

it was 24seven who for a direct4x4 one for his collie

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9804&hilit=ladder

I know exactly,

It could be made out of chocolate, and there is no way to return it if your not happy.

As a guess I think the shipping would be about £30, at a guess.

Gra.

Graham said:
I know exactly,
It could be made out of chocolate, and there is no way to return it if your not happy.
As a guess I think the shipping would be about £30, at a guess.
Gra.
Hmm, :think: I think I will go with my original idea of having another swing away on the rear bumper on the opposite side to the wheel carrier with a ladder on it, then I would have a ladder from bumper to roof. :thumbup:

Problem solved :whistle: on the door ladder, you also need to watch out for clearance with your Fox Wing when it is open.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon Wildsmith said:
Problem solved :whistle: on the door ladder, you also need to watch out for clearance with your Fox Wing when it is open.
Yeh, it needs a bit of planning.... Plan [strike:2go7ggba]B C D[/strike:2go7ggba].... Z is to leave the foxwing on the 120, and fit just a side awning to the 80.

I think that I'm gonna have to stump up the cash and buy from Direct4x4, as there don't appear to be any surplus ones around, and there ain't much that you can do if the ones from China have any problems. Shame..... :(

I just phoned Direct4x4 and spoke to Mark, very helpful chap, unfortunately the ladders only fit to the left hand side and I need one for the right :thumbdown: BTW they cost £124, probably plus the dreaded VAT, I didn't ask if it was included :doh: .

Well, that was a short lived exercise.... The ladder didn't fit! (I would post a pic, but the file size is too large and I haven't worked out how to shrink it yet :think: I was also very unimpressed with the quality, which was flimsy.

On the plus side.... no quibbles from Direct4x4 - they arranged to collect it the next day.

But back to basics..... I really would like a rear door ladder!

I did suggest they were not that good..... ;)
at least they are accepting a return OK

AndyCook said:
I know a member on here who bought a similar ladder to these for his 120 and the quality of it was very poor, and I looked at it.
the welds for the rungs didnt go all the way around the rung for example - only the outer part
and there were sharp edges and it didnt feel that strong

and i am sure someone else on here got one, i will have a search...

it was 24seven who for a direct4x4 one for his collie

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9804&hilit=ladder

Andrew Brierley said:
Well, that was a short lived exercise.... The ladder didn't fit! (I would post a pic, but the file size is too large and I haven't worked out how to shrink it yet :think: I was also very unimpressed with the quality, which was flimsy.

On the plus side.... no quibbles from Direct4x4 - they arranged to collect it the next day.

But back to basics..... I really would like a rear door ladder!

Sorry to hear the ladder was no good, it sounds like a local welder / fabricator is the only option you have left.

The Direct4x4 one looks like it would be dangerously slippy when wet even if it had fitted. Something with deeper and flat rungs you can put some sort of anti slip surface on would be best.

Jon Wildsmith said:
The Direct4x4 one looks like it would be dangerously slippy when wet even if it had fitted. Something with deeper and flat rungs you can put some sort of anti slip surface on would be best.
I had the same thought. I used some sticky grit tape from Halfrauds on the sliders on my 120. Never slipped once, but collected a beaut set of grazes on my calfs :crying-yellow:

Still begs the question...... "where can I get a flippin' ladder?"

Andrew Brierley said:
Still begs the question...... "where can I get a flippin' ladder?"
China or a fabricator by the looks of it but the fabricator option could be a bit expensive for what looks simple but is probably a bit fiddly to make.

I'm going to have a tinker at making one Andrew, might need one myself, but I'm not 100% convinced this is the answer so I might come up with nothing or something.

OK, hope you are successful. I'll keep looking for a supplier, and will post anything that I find.

Back