Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

download per month

ratrace

Country Flag
uk
i am with virgin media for a long time and have 200mb download speed which i get at this time about 100mb per second

about 2 month ago i rec a bill and on it for the 1st it show my avg download for 30 days and i nearly fell of the seat it says i download nearly 3.87 tb

so i check for the last 30 days and it was higher 4.01 tb

i do have the 2 tv connect
main pc
tablet
about 4 phones on and off

oh i watch a lot of films (clean before you say anything)
Big Q is this normal amount ?

A very rough guide is around 6gb for a 2 hr film streamed in hd1080p so 1tb is around 330 hrs of viewing. Check your wireless connections in the router to make sure no one else (neighbours) is using it. Just looked at our usage for the last 32hrs and it would come out at around 320gb in 30 days with 4 tv’s connected plus 1 mac, an ipad (lots of youtube use) and a couple of phones.
4tb sounds a lot!

1st job when i saw the amount i was downloading

but will keep an eye on from now on

Thats does sounds like the whole street is using your connection!

We consume most of our media online and average about 1Tb a month if you extrapolate the numbers below.

1590779160038.png

4TB is a lot - it translates into 23 days of 4k video nonstop ....

Do you have (knowingly or otherwise) torrents running on your machine(s)

i one or two a day of torrent but they are old films from 1940-70s but they are only about 700mb max because they are old films

got to admit i do download a fair bit of youtube again old films might be that causing it but will keep an eye on it

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Helen surprised me yesterday by cancelling her o2 phone contract after 7 happy years because they merged with Virgin , says "i'm not giving that **** my money" :lol:

Its just your like it or lump it nothing you can do about it voluntary contribution to Branson's bail out .

My o2 contract won't be renewed either

Back