Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Drawer System

Graham Stirling

Hi,

I thought i'd post this up incase any of you were interested.
It's not for my LC but for my Hilux.
Just need a lid, a lick of paint and some carpet.
IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

Now that I like. :clap: How heavy are they?

I'm not struck on the steel versions of these. Some of the variants could double as roll cages :lol:

Crispin, some of us NEED it to double as a roll cage.

Chris

Crispin said:
Now that I like. :clap: How heavy are they?

In all there will be about 3 and a half sheets of 18mm structural ply so not that light. you could use 12mm ply or mdf if weight is an issue but i want to be able to load about half a tonne on top so this neaded to be fairly robust.

Here it is fitted but not entirely finished. I just need to line the drawers and drawer fronts and fit the locks and handles.

IMG_1145.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice :mrgreen: Knocks mine into a cocked hat :clap:

Graham Stirling said:
In all there will be about 3 and a half sheets of 18mm structural ply so not that light
If you've used Spruce Plywood from my readings it is only about 24Kg per sheet, so thats only 84Kg :) or another way to look @ it an average sized passenger :thumbup: Even if the ply is WBP its only about 32Kg per sheet so thats a well fed rugby player type as a passenger :lol: Still not so bad :thumbup:

Cheers Steven.

I did use spruce ply but i would use marine ply if i made another one. The spruce ply is fine but the edges are prone to delaminating. I knocked the corner of one of the drawes and a couple of the plys peeled off. I glued and clamped the plys back on but i was very surprised how week the edges are.

G

Back