Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dropped my keychain under the drivers seat

Maher

Country Flag
syria
Accidentally I dropped my keychain under the drivers seat and tried to pull it out but it went deeper under the seat in one of these fabrics cuts under the seat.
Any useful hints will be appreciated.

It's the worst when that happens....

If the 200 is anything like the 120 in the seat mounting then it'll take you 15 minutes. 4 bolts, a few plugs and the seat comes off.

If it's magnetic just tape a strong magnet (like one from a hard drive) to a stick and fish it out. Ive done this a few times with dropped keys etc.

If it's magnetic just tape a strong magnet (like one from a hard drive) to a stick and fish it out. Ive done this a few times with dropped keys etc.

Thanks, this is a very good solution, I will do that if it happens again. Hope not!

Thanks, this is a very good solution, I will do that if it happens again. Hope not!

Good idea, you could keep the magnet attached to your key chain so you don't lose it....

Erm....

:violence-smack:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good idea, you could keep the magnet attached to your key chain so you don't lose it....

Erm....

:violence-smack:
Then it would attach itself in all sorts of new and interesting hiding places you hadn't even thought of. :)

I would have trained a mouse to go in. Being not too confident I would have tied string to it's tail in case it failed.

Not much good for your purposes Frank as he didn’t have a tail, but we used to have a hamster who was very good at squeezing through impossible looking spaces. No cage could hold him and he used to potter around the house at night, not quietly, he sounded like he had small hobnail boots on. His demise was a tragic one, one that still haunts me, toilet bowls and hamsters do not mix well. RIP Hercules.

Not much good for your purposes Frank as he didn’t have a tail, but we used to have a hamster who was very good at squeezing through impossible looking spaces. No cage could hold him and he used to potter around the house at night, not quietly, he sounded like he had small hobnail boots on. His demise was a tragic one, one that still haunts me, toilet bowls and hamsters do not mix well. RIP Hercules.
I had a Houdini Hamster when I was a kid. Escaped most nights to go and chew the insulation off the electric fire. Fortunately it didn't get switched on. !

Hercules didn’t seem that bad for cable munching, the rabbits were much worse……:fearscream:

On the magnetic pick up tools, you can get flexible ones too, very handy.

Trouble is when pets escape they need water pretty soon and end up drowning in houses where there is no safe watering hole. I was doing a house survey once an when up in the roof space the house owner shouted up "can you look for he hamster he's up there somewhere". Found him floating in the cold water tank, dead. He must have followed his nose to the water by going through in to the airing cupboard and then climbing up in to the loft.

In the old days most cold water tanks did not have lids but only fed the hot water supply and cold bath water bath tap. I'd often seen animal and bird skeletons in these tanks.

Back