Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Durite split charger issue

Do it while testing voltage across the battery and see if it causes any repeatable change in voltage. It’s not giving the same thing est results you posted earlier in the thread which seems to indicate there may be something going on with the alternator or a loose or corroded connection somewhere.
I did look back at the original numbers and noticed the difference, made the assumption I had a load on last time which would have made them comparable. Will test again and report back.

Had a look again last night.
Definitely something not right. Tried wriggling connectors on the alternator and coming to the main battery, nothing to note.

Tested the earth to the alternator chassis, 0 volts

Output voltage fluctuates so much. Question is should it? It ramps up and down I.e. at idle when warm, ramps up from 12.53 to 13.11 over a few seconds then drops back to 12.53 and repeats.

It looks like a sod of a job to take it off, whole front end looks like it needs to come off.

Looks like this is all resolved. New alternator (couldn’t keep you with normal demand let alone the extras) thanks @Chris for the supplier and @uHu for the fitting tips. Two new batteries as both had “knackered cells”. Will be a new car at this rate

Back