Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Effin hippies.

hopeless wanderer

Country Flag
england
Hi All,

It is with much reluctance and much more sadness I ask the question ...
how much are 80’s going for these days ? Specifically blue ones with a lot of time spent on them and 200k miles,
I,ve barely driven her and she sits in a hangar at great expense with my nephew going to drive her every few wks. It’s renewal time and I’m pour g a grand a year on keeping her T&T and insured. Last year I drove a few hundred miles at most.
im on the verge of shipping her to NZ but the eco rules on imports are changing rapidly. It may go or a boat yet but just testing the water.

I feel the same two trucks taxed and insured with mot and whatnot is probably costing me about £10 a mile because i can't go anywhere while the third truck sits on jacks in the back yard sorned and costing me nothing .

Look on ebay and prices are sky high at the moment probably because people are trying to recover covid inflicted financial loss so while i can't place your truck in my minds eye just knowing your a longtime member here and trusting its well look after because of that i guess your in the region of 10 grand anyway .

April i reckon things will change , not because of science or any miracle cure but because it marks the end of the financial year and this lockdown nightmare has to end somewhere so may as well keep it tidy from a business point of view . If you can wait that long at least it might not feel like your making the decision under a black cloud .

I've noticed that the further away from standard the harder they are to move ( or the market is smaller) . |From what I've seen of the market they are selling up to £10k.

The problem is that their value is so much less than their cost. So if you've spent a fortune doing it up with all sorts of mods you'll prob find that you'll still only be able to sell it for the standard price..... unless you can find that one person.

I dread to think how much our 105 is worth, considering the £50+ we have pumped into it over the years

Going on what Shayne said... It will be interesting to see what road Tax increases are due come April.. Iv just got a reminder for my Citroen c15 van and its £270 frigging quid for the year.... They recon they are going to Hammer the big 4x4 Diesels this year in road tax... Im hoping its all rumour..... Having trucks and vans sat about whilst still Taxed, MOT'd and insured is getting expensive...... With my current situation its time to have a real re think :wtf:

Back