Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

EGR Delete/Upgrade

markus67

Country Flag
uk
Dear Fellow Members

Does anyone know where I can get the necessary kit to Upgrade/Delete my EGR or whether you know of the Items required to Upgrade/Delete the EGR. Your cooperation will be most appreciated

Mark

Dear Fellow Members

Does anyone know where I can get the necessary kit to Upgrade/Delete my EGR or whether you know of the Items required to Upgrade/Delete the EGR. Your cooperation will be most appreciated

Mark
You can put a blanking plate with a 7mm hole in the centre at the engine side of the EGR cooler to lower the amount of egr into the engine or get yourself a OZBUSH manual fuel mapper that fits to two connectors in 5 minutes fitting time that allows you to put a full blanking plate to stop completly the EGR gas entering the engine in at the same place at the engine side of the cooler and not get any engine lights on the dash , I have had one for 5 years with no engine lights on the dash , with the mapper you can also adjust the settings for more power like any power chip as it adjusts mapping of the ECU , I leave mine on the neutral setting coz together with a pcv vented to a oil catchcan and vented to air you get a power boost without having to up the fuel delivery . look on Ozbush electronics web site for all the details on how to blank off the EGR valve and bypass the pcv to air , the Ozbush mapper costs about £100 and the oilcatch can and silicone tubing to bypass the pcv gas takes about 30 mins to fit and costs about £40 on ebay .

Last edited by a moderator:
You can put a blanking plate with a 7mm hole in the centre at the engine side of the EGR cooler to lower the amount of egr into the engine or get yourself a OZBUSH manual fuel mapper that fits to two connectors in 5 minutes fitting time that allows you to put a full blanking plate to stop completly the EGR gas entering the engine in at the same place at the engine side of the cooler and not get any engine lights on the dash , I have had one for 5 years with no engine lights on the dash , with the mapper you can also adjust the settings for more power like any power chip as it adjusts mapping of the ECU , I leave mine on the neutral setting coz together with a pcv vented to a oil catchcan and vented to air you get a power boost without having to up the fuel delivery . look on Ozbush electronics web site for all the details on how to blank off the EGR valve and bypass the pcv to air , the Ozbush mapper costs about £100 and the oilcatch can and silicone tubing to bypass the pcv gas takes about 30 mins to fit and costs about £40 on ebay .
Thanks mate for your assistance, i shall look into this. Just out of curiosity, but with the Ozbush Mapper left in the Neutral position, does your BHP increase?

Thanks mate for your assistance, i shall look into this. Just out of curiosity, but with the Ozbush Mapper left in the Neutral position, does your BHP increase?
you can expect a power boost of 17 to 25 bhp at cruising speed because of the full (no hole) blanking plate and pcv to air as that only fresh cool oxygen is fed into your engine , and not coz of the ozbush mapper unless you turn up the power knob to increase to fuel input , when you floor the gaz peddle the egr valve turns off untill you unfloor the gas peddle on all 1kd -ftv engines, another benefit of blanking the EGR valve is a much cleaner engine oil coz no soot from the egr valve goes into the engine and once you have cleaned the EGR valve and inlet manifold entry it will stay clean when you fit full blanking plate with no hole . another plus is the engine runs a lot smoother through out the rev range .

Back