Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine chip tunning

Archie

Country Flag
latvia
Hi guys,

Has any one of you chipped your 120 engine?
Apparently it will increase the hp up to 211 and it will not affect the fuel economy. Is it worth it?

Thanks

hiya,
i have held off doing it simply due to the fact iv got 130k mileage and I don't want to stress the injectors anymore , they don't seem cheap. but ye keen hear other peoples experience too even if just a bump up to the more modern power output of 170-190bhp, and that lovely torque bump

Guys i have no idea about the 120 series but i am about to have a 3" exhaust fitted to a 90 series 1KD engine which is pretty much the same as the 120's engine i think , obviously i can't predict the outcome but a decent exhaust transformed my 1KZ dramatically so perhaps its worth investigating as an alternative to tuning chips ?

i have the tdi tuning box fitted. i had a few issues of it throwing the engine management light up when i first fitted it. luckily for me the place is just down the road so they re programmed it and we went on an extended test drive and its been fine since. i do like to have a bit extra under the pedal:icon-twisted:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back