Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine / Gearbox Stiffener Plates wanted

nathanrobo

I've tracked some of my drivetrain slop / slack to a broken stiffener plate between the gearbox and engine on a 4.2TD. The part is made of cast, there is one on each side of the engine just above the sump and bolts through to the gearbox bell housing.

Does anyone have one from an old engine?

Might be worth checking the part numbers against an 80 series seeing as it's the same engine bottom end and same gearbox? If they match it might be easier to get second hand 80 parts.

Thanks Jon.. will do! Any idea how to get part nos now that they're not on Toyodiy.com?

I was clearing out my garage earlier and came accross a starter motor from my old 4.7 V8 (1999). It needs a pair of copper plates (Ebay £5ish) for the solenoid - other than that it's fine. You are welcomed to it for your LC.

nathanrobo said:
Thanks Jon.. will do! Any idea how to get part nos now that they're not on Toyodiy.com?

I was clearing out my garage earlier and came accross a starter motor from my old 4.7 V8 (1999). It needs a pair of copper plates (Ebay £5ish) for the solenoid - other than that it's fine. You are welcomed to it for your LC.

If you're not seeing pictures on toyodiy pm me your email address ;) I thought they'd turned them back on for everyone but perhaps not?

Where abouts in the world are you? I'll have your old starter thanks but will need to work out a cheap way of transporting it from you to me :) Apart from the solenoid contacts, why was it removed?

Anyway, I checked the stiffener part numbers for you and they are the same - 33118-60060 & 33119-60070. You might still have trouble getting second hand but then again stef or karl might have a big pile of them.

Hi Jon

I'll check toyodiy again... send you a pm too.

With regards to the starter, it was on my old LC and started to make a clicking sound intermittantly (around 70k miles I think). So I got a brand new starter before even stripping it out. Once I had done the job, I decided to investigate what was wrong and proved it was the solenoid contacts. I kept in my garage for a few years thinking that I may need it some day, but then went over to the dark side with a diesel about a year ago.

I live in Kettering, but I do head up the M6 from time to time, I think that you are in Stourbridge - right?

Jon

Hooray! You're right! The parts diagrams are back on Toyodiy.com. Sadly the stiffener plates are different part numbers. eg 33118A (33118 - 60060) for the 100 series vs. 33118 (33118 - 60030) :-(

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
nathanrobo said:
Jon

Hooray! You're right! The parts diagrams are back on Toyodiy.com. Sadly the stiffener plates are different part numbers. eg 33118A (33118 - 60060) for the 100 series vs. 33118 (33118 - 60030) :-(

The 80 series part number you quote was superceeded, for 80 series, by the 100 series part number quoted :) Something the EPC shows you but Toyodiy doesn't I guess. Obviously they'll have changed something on the superceeded part but they should fit the same whichever version you get.

Thanks for that clarification. I'll give Stef and Karl a go... are they to be found lurking around the 80 series forums.

nathanrobo said:
Thanks for that clarification. I'll give Stef and Karl a go... are they to be found lurking around the 80 series forums.
Karl posts, not so sure about Stef. I think Chris has Karls contact number and I'm sure someone on here has a number for Stef?

Back