Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

England v New Zealand on Saturday

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
As usual its only on Sky Sports 1 so i suppose i had better go to the pub to watch it :whistle:

I take it you're feeling pretty confident if you're making such an effort for the game, Paul? :mrgreen:

I am a bit nervous about SA vs Ireland....

Oh yes, even just ordered my new Rugby shirt :dance:

grr hate having to go to a pub to watch- getting sky sports is just too expensive though- i could almost afford tickets for the same price!

Who you betting on Paul? i reckon the kiwis will win by 3 points :(

should be interesting though.

Are you a kiwi then? :twisted:

no- realist :(

be over the mooon to be proved wrong though- was watching the vid of the 2003 world cup yesterday and made me remember just how good fortress twickers used to be!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I thought England just got klapped by the Wallabies? And the Wallabies got clubbed in the Tri Nations by the All Blacks .... (along with the Bokke :cry: )

Is that 3 points a minute then you mean :think: :lol:

I should imagine that if the All Blacks are on song it could well be a devastating game for England - soften them up nicely for the Boks!

Am at work, though, so will try follow on-line :?

I don't think the England defence coach did his team any favours in saying this..

Like the Kiwis needed any extra motivation :doh:

Of course England will win, it will be tough but pride will win through.
If its not on the field it will be in the bar afterwards. :angry-boxing:

Just found out I've got tickets to the Boks vs Wales game next weekend! A few sherbets in Cardiff will go down well after the game! :obscene-drinkingbuddies:

With the mood in in right now i fancy finding a Kiwi and showing him that the English can play good rugby.

Seriously though, the team is coming along nicely.

Disappointed in the way the boks let the game slide at the end - unlucky bounce off the pins for the Irish ... Phew!!

Paul said:
Seriously though, the team is coming along nicely.
Agreed :thumbup: I freely admit to being a little nervous about the Boks vs England in a few weeks based on that performance.

England obviously aren't the finished article, but definitely showing promise- had no problem at running at the kiwis though which is nice- we're not quite converting possession to points- but that should come with confidence and time.

Just finally got around to watching this game last night (although i had already been told the result :evil: )

Actually despite the loss i was pleased with the performance. Northern and southern hemisphere rugby is so different in it's style and the crux of this is... if you let the Boks/Wallabies/All Blacks run the ball at you, then with the best will and defence in the world, eventually they will find a gap and exploit it. The key to beating them is frustrating them in the forwards and stopping them playing the game that they like to play. And i saw glimpses of that today, not just in the scrum but at the breakdown too, solid rucking and mauling that was slowing the All Blacks down and allowing England's generally pretty solid defence to reset.

Still some work to do however, Lineouts need to be more clinical, Tindall and Flood need to take firmer charge of the backs and they need to agree on a kicking strategy from the outset..

In any case an encouraging performance from a solid squad with loads of potential.

As for the Springboks!..... Despite all their bravado and bluster, when they're sat in that changing room on the 27th it wont mean s@£$, because every team in the world knows that on their day, England are still the best team in the world ;)

Do you know anywhere near us that is showing it live?

Tommo&Claire said:
As for the Springboks!..... Despite all their bravado and bluster, when they're sat in that changing room on the 27th...
Bravado and bluster :think: Isn't this bloke English :whistle:
:mrgreen:

Andrew, :text-goodpost:
:laughing-rolling:

Is this the England Supporters Club?? :romance-grouphug:

I think they're trying to avoid talking about The Ashes ...
:teasing-blah:

Right then lads........Jerusalem....

All together now :handgestures-salute: :handgestures-salute: :handgestures-salute:

Back