Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

EU Breakdown cover for 'senior' vehicles

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
For the last 6 years I have used the NFU for both vehicle insurance and breakdown cover.

Unfortunately in their infinite wisdom, this year they have refused to cover my Land Cruiser in Europe due to its age of 23.

With our Morocco trip just a few weeks away I could really do with finding out if any of you guys have or/and can recommend anyone who provides breakdown cover in Europe for vehicles of this age?

Breakdown is covered in my mastercard platinum package. This is for Belgian customers, i don't know if the same deal is offered in the UK. It's one general package which covers most travel stuff including 3 lc's between 32 and 18 years old.
Even our trip to albania was covered but not Morocco.
i used it twice already for my bj46 (age 32)
good luck
wout

I've run into this the issue before, I used the AA for a number of years to cover my aging vehicles for EU use, the vehicle was 18 years old at the time.

Thanks RR I will check out ADAC.

As you quite rightly say, getting cover for Morocco is not possible, my question was for cover in Spain.

::.Edit.:: it looks like you have to reside in Germany to take out an ADAC policy.

Last edited:
:.Edit.:: it looks like you have to reside in Germany to take out an ADAC policy.

i have membership but you can't use there website to join u must ring them

FROM ANOTHER FORUM

littlejimny is right I have adac cover, renewed it only 1 month ago 99.25 euros full cover for me and the missus. Bargain IMHO and covers my bikes on the ring :)

I called them up, far easier than online, as you need a German bank account for online payments. Call them and ask for someone speaking English, unless you speak fluent German ;-)

This is who I dealt with
Henri Bolkan
Backoffice / Telefonservice
ADAC Nordrhein - Bremsstr. 9 - 50969 Köln
Telefon (0221) 4727-444 - Telefax (0221) 4727-452
[email protected]

i phone this number and guy speaks english

but please read the info on the web site before u join

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
there might be help in Morocco under the link below
https://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/l...n/default.aspx click Emergency stations abroad

and a pop box will appear say this

That happened:
You have an emergency abroad and looking for the right contacts.
What we do:

• Help by ADAC employees in numerous emergency stations in case of breakdown, accident, injury, illness, theft or loss of documents, money or credit cards
  • Help by German-language "emergency Angel" with knowledge of the specific features of each country
  • Organizing assistance
  • competent consulting
Contact details and information:
Emergency numbers can be found on the back of the Service Booklet and on the ADAC club card.
Abroad in vehicle damage: Tel. +49 89 22 22 22
Abroad in case of illness / injury: Tel. +49 89 76 76 76 Important telephone numbers of the ADAC (24 aid)
but you must take the EUROPE Membership to get the deal

Been checking the other links and i do like the section which covers illness and at no extra cost

Last edited:
With the likes of aa and rac check the small print as some of them state they will only recover the vehicle up to the value of the car or something along those lines,

heard great eat things about Adac

Back