Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

eu in or out poll

Personally I find this and thread of a similar nature on other forums more than slightly alarming, it seems from scanning these a lot of peoples decisions are made by reading rather sensationalised reports from left or right wing media rather than establishing their own informed opinion

a little unfair i think. i made my mind up a long time ago mark..

"So why should I be concerned about that political entity above other political entities I live in? Such as the EU? Or Wales?"

because the more political entities, or layers that we have, the more monetary waste and corruption we will have. the European parliament is a big greedy lumbering monster. riddled with red tape and bureaucracy.

Completely agree with this. I voted not to have an extra layer of government for Wales, but hey we get free prescriptions and hospital parking out of it, at the expense of having to pay for plastic bags before the rest of you. I do think that government is the necessary overhead of society and democracy. I understand that not everyone wants the same size society as everyone else, because we all have different, sometimes very firm ideas about how a society should function and what it should encompass.

All of this was obvious to me before i discussed it with my school teacher mate as mentioned on the previous page , 20 years is an off the cuff guess but i've been in Wales since 2001 and it was fair while before that .

not having a go at any one in particular more a general observation

but hey we get free prescriptions and hospital parking out of it.
Well lucky you, I was at St Hellier hospital yesterday and today and for less than a total of four hours I had to pay £9, £6.50 yesterday (less than 3 hrs) and £2.50 today (less than 1hr)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
not having a go at any one in particular more a general observation

A worthy observation , seems to me any responsible government would be quick to halt such speculation by releasing cold hard facts , but an un-elected body of absolute power and impunity doesn't need to worry about opinions .

There are no charges for parking at hospitals in Spain. Go over the time on the ticket you purchased (1.80 Euros) when parked on a Blue line you will get fined.................3 Euros! They can do it here in 'our Europe' why not in the UK version of Europe?

regards

Dave

Last edited:
NZ is very much under the influence of the US with our present govt.Hospital waiting lists are tremendously long and the better doctors don't like sending their patients to the public hospitals as they are ikely to come out with more than they went in for.I have private healthcare and it costs heaps .A doctors visit to his rooms is $55 a time? When we had closer ties with the U.K. before the common market,the country used the the English systems in education,health,business etc and life was better.You were our greatest trading partner so leave the EU and let's work together.

There are no charges for parking at hospitals in Spain. Go over the time on the ticket you purchased (1.80 Euros) when parked on a Blue line you will get fined.................3 Euros! They can do it here in 'our Europe' why not in the UK version of Europe?

regards

Dave

Was it you who was posting about the huge fines for not wearing a seat belt? Columpios y rotondas?

A farmer named Sam was overseeing his herd in a remote hilly pasture in Hereford when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud of dust.

The driver, a young man in a Brioni suit, Gucci shoes, RayBan sunglasses and YSL tie, leaned out the window and asked the farmer, "If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you give me a calf?"
Sam looks at the man, who obviously is a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing animals and calmly answers, "Sure, why not?"

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects it to his Cingular RAZR V3 cell phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.

The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany ...

Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQL
database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response.

Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet printer, turns to the Farmer and says, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says Sam.

He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with amusement as the young man stuffs it into the boot of his car.
Then Sam says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"
"You're a Member of the European Parliament", says Sam.
"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answered Sam. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of pounds worth of equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don't know a thing about how working people make a living - or about cows, for that matter. This is a herd of sheep.

Now give me back my dog.

AND THAT IS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE EU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A farmer named Sam was overseeing his herd in a remote hilly pasture in Hereford when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud of dust.

Shows how long people have taken issue with the EU. Palm Pilot?! :)

Was it you who was posting about the huge fines for not wearing a seat belt? Columpios y rotondas?

Yep, park for 3 hours for about £1.20, overstay a couple of hours and get a fine of about £2.35 swings and roundabouts.

regards

Dave

NZ is very much under the influence of the US with our present govt.Hospital waiting lists are tremendously long and the better doctors don't like sending their patients to the public hospitals as they are ikely to come out with more than they went in for.I have private healthcare and it costs heaps .A doctors visit to his rooms is $55 a time? When we had closer ties with the U.K. before the common market,the country used the the English systems in education,health,business etc and life was better.You were our greatest trading partner so leave the EU and let's work together.

Thats fine by me pat, and lets involve aus and canada. We share history, culture and a common language. Lets not invite the USA, they had there referendum in 1776... i know, we Can call it the common wea... oh...

Palm pilot? That sounds like some sort of ######g device.. probable just used by ######s..

Last edited:
Something to consider in this debate is if the UK does vote to leave (Most polls I've seen think we will) how long would it be before all ties with the EU are cut?

Apparently leaving the EU requires that we follow Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, meaning we would continue to have full access to the Single Market in the two years stipulated for negotiating our disentanglement. We already have all the necessary regulations so should not expect trade to be disrupted.

Copied from http://www.cityam.com/237301/the-cb...mic-case-against-brexit-is-collapsing?ref=yfp

Last edited:
Another thing to consider is Turkey may get in before we get out. :shock:

Another thing to consider is Turkey may get in before we get out. :shock:

Yes but they will not get any bail out money from the UK when it all goes tits up, ....Mr Cameron said so...................

regards

Dave

We need to look after ourselves not the rest of Europe

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back