Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

eu in or out poll

I told her to phone up and play hell and i have just had a text from her - they said i can vote next week ?

If we get out of the EU do you think it might stop bloody raining :angry-screaming:

I'd vote of which ever side could get us better weather :D

With the additional import charges for a box of sunshine from Spain I fear leaving would make the the cost of sunshine and lack of rain a non goer Shayne.

Shame really.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hate to burst the bubble but what happens is being played out as the decisions have already been made from the powers that be. We the people only have a illusion of feeling important when it counts.

Hate to burst the bubble but what happens is being played out as the decisions have already been made from the powers that be. We the people only have a illusion of feeling important when it counts.
I have read this and mostly believe it. Though, of course, we don't know what the decision is now do we? It could be that they want out, but want to make us think we wanted it and they didn't. Hence the complete mess they are making informing us why we should stay in.

Plausible?

I have read this and mostly believe it. Though, of course, we don't know what the decision is now do we? It could be that they want out, but want to make us think we wanted it and they didn't. Hence the complete mess they are making informing us why we should stay in.

Plausible?

Most likely IMO Rich, they have to blame the certain financial collapse of EU on something.

Decades of the general public having no confidence in government has let them play their game like spoilt children . Nobody votes because the next fella will be just as bad so why bother . I imagine the scale of what they will see as mutiny has shocked them .

Reactions: Pat
just had a thought. there are plenty of potential out supporters over in france at the moment. good timing by the government?

Reactions: Pat
I don't know if this has been mentioned (haven't the time to read all the replies) but a lot of the leave campaigners are quoting the Norwiegan example to achieve a free trade agreement with the EU. Well, what if the negotiations went such that to get the free trade agreement we had to sign up to the Schengen agreement of no for passports to enter the UK!!!!!

So what has the EU ever done for us? with apologies to Monty Python.
EU ever.png

Regardless of which side you're on, we need to be honest with ourselves if nothing else.....

Let's start with the first point - no need to go further; who on here get 5-6 weeks paid holiday?

5 weeks is 30 days - which is a VERY generous amount and only really seen in a few public sector and older private sector T&Cs - or unless you have worked in the same company for a million years and built up your entitlement.

In my experience the norm for most people is around 20 days - 4 weeks. I would also assume that in some service industries this is lower.

As a comparison, what are maternity leave and pay allowances in France and Germany? (which are probably the only 2 comparable countries in the EU).

Don't we have "paternity" leave nowadays? Wonder where that came from?

In my industry standard annual leave entitlement is 26 days plus bank holidays, thats 5 working weeks excluding the bank holidays. Civil servants get over 30 days

In my industry standard annual leave entitlement is 26 days plus bank holidays, thats 5 working weeks excluding the bank holidays. Civil servants get over 30 days

Fair enough. I know that the statutory entitlement is 5.6 weeks.....but is that the norm for the UK? Take out the bank holidays (which are sometimes included) and actual leave* as I would personally class it, is around 20 days give or take.

What are you entitled to if you're on a zero hours contract?

My idea of leave* my be different to yours......YMMV :neutral:

Interesting table Chas, I see the French get 25 days plus 11 public holidays. (they als have a max legal working hour of 35 over our 48 - bloody part timers)

Maybe this should be in the Jokes thread but it is apt for this thread I think.

A pretty little girl named Suzy was sitting on the pavement in front of her home.
Next to her was a basket containing a number of tiny creatures; in her hand was a sign announcing “FREE KITTENS.”
Suddenly a line of big cars pulled up beside her. Out of the lead car stepped a grinning man. “Hi there little girl, I’m the leader of the Conservative Party, David Cameron, what do you have in the basket?” he asked.
“Kittens,” little Suzy said.
“How old are they?” asked Mr Camero...n.
Suzy replied, “They're so young, their eyes aren't even open yet.”
“And what kind of kittens are they?”
“They're REMAIN IN THE EU supporters,” answered Suzy with a sweet smile.
Mr Cameron was delighted, a golden opportunity beckoned.
As soon as he returned to his car, he called his PR chief and told him about the little girl and the kittens. Recognizing the perfect photo op, the three of them agreed that they should return the next day; and in front of the assembled media, have the girl talk about her discerning kittens.
So the next day, Suzy was again on the pavement with her basket of “FREE KITTENS,” when Cameron’s motorcade pulled up, this time followed by vans from BBC, ITV, Channels 4, Channels 5, CNN and Sky News, cameras and the audio equipment were quickly set up, then Cameron got out of his limo and walked over to little Suzy.
“Hello, again,” he said, “I’d love it if you would tell all my friends out there what kind of kittens you're giving away.”
“Yes sir,” Suzy said. “They're BREXIT supporters.”
Taken by surprise, David Cameron stammered, “But yesterday, you told me they were REMAIN IN THE EU SUPPORTERS.”
Little Suzy smiled and said, “I know. But today, they have their eyes open.”

Back