Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Exhaust.

Cheers, Had a proper look on the ramp too, done a nice job. Think I need something to surround the tailpipe though, can see the bumper getting a bit warm lol.

Sweet sounds Gary, very nice indeed. A big difference in sound between the petrol and diesel, maybe I'll try to get a vid of mine up. I have some, but taken inside the truck...

When had diesels I just had a straight pipe and wasn't mega noisy but this would be!
I said to them I want it to sound like a 4.5 should but not loud.

th_20140216_152934.jpg

A quick vid outside, phone doesn't pick up the sound very well but can tell its not too loud. Wife has a heavy right foot too.

Just a little update, done about 1500 miles and has a bit of a deeper tone which sounds nice, did have to pop back today and have the system tweaked, kept rattling against the chassis when off road. They removed it and altered the bends a bit and added an extra mount to stiffen it up. Really can't fault the work and customer service, not like it's routed in stock location lol.

Great Gary, glad you're pleased with it and the good service is continuing!

To start up a not so old thread, going to get a SS exhaust fitted onto the FZJ80 next week, was wondering if there is anything I should mention to the folks doing it?
Down pipes right the way to the back.
Any pearls of wisdom out there? Should I just stay at stock diameter or will larger help the engine breath???
It's a 94, Jap import so I think all the Cats need to stay put.
Cheers
Craig

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mine is 2.5" diameter cat back, if your going for a full system you might be able to run over the chassis instead of under it, would involve moving the cats or just having one. There's space to do it if do something with the cats.

I've only got one silencer which is still quite a big unit, any smaller and it'd be too loud for me. I found the rear silencer prone to damage off road which is why it got ditched.
If you want it quiet still consider keeping a small rear silencer.

People who've heard mine will confirm it's not loud, quite a deep tone to it and from cold if parked too close sets off the neighbours car alarm :lol: even when floor it you don't get deafened

Mine is 2.5" diameter cat back, if your going for a full system you might be able to run over the chassis instead of under it, would involve moving the cats or just having one. There's space to do it if do something with the cats.

I've only got one silencer which is still quite a big unit, any smaller and it'd be too loud for me. I found the rear silencer prone to damage off road which is why it got ditched.
If you want it quiet still consider keeping a small rear silencer.

People who've heard mine will confirm it's not loud, quite a deep tone to it and from cold if parked too close sets off the neighbours car alarm :lol: even when floor it you don't get deafened

Cheers Gary for the info, is 2 1/2" standard?
Will see what the guys can do about routing the exhaust, along with having the Aux fuel tank at the back

It's a little bigger I think.
Thinking more where it bends under the chassis below the drivers side, plenty space to go over the chassis.
Could do a few things at the back to keep it out of the way.

Back