Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Extended axle/transmission breathers

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Got some kit off "Ecoman" to extended the axle & transmission breathers on my 'cruiser.

The rear diff was easy, unscrew the exisiting fitting and screw in a new connector piece.
front diff - couldnt get to the factory system on top of diff as sump in the way - no room. but this factory breather is extended anyway, so I simply extended it further using some clear fuel hose, then screwed in same type of fitting i used on rear-diff into the tube and held in place with a jubilee clip.

Auto box factory breather very hard to get to. i removed end cap off it, and used some aluminium tube which i had lying around which had different O.D. diameters, one end fitted in tube on factory breather and other end in fuel hose. then extended it as per front diff.

transfer box, the factory breather is press-fitted... removed the metal cover, and pushed on 15cm fuel hose, jubilee clip, then screwed in a connector supplied by Ecoman and jubilee clipped in place.

All four breathers connect to a block in engine bay, then a single line goes up side of snorkel and looped at top.

connection block in engine bay
breather1.jpg

tube upto snorkel - bit of superglue at top and it press-fitted nicely into windscreen trim
breather2.jpg

loop at top of snorkel
breather3.jpg

transfer box breather extension pipe - fuel tube pushed onto top of factory fitting and jubilee clip (cannot see in pic) and other end has threaded connector into my fuel hose and jubilee clip
breather4.jpg

does ecoman sell these as a kit? looks pretty nifty, and could do with doing this on my 80...

paulm said:
does ecoman sell these as a kit? looks pretty nifty, and could do with doing this on my 80...

yup - drop him a PM

Thanks for the plug Andy. Looks like you had fun with your truck at the weekend. :thumbup:

Yes I can supply the fittings and manifolds. The 6 way manifold that Andy fitted was the last of 2 samples I was sent. I can get more of them but they take about 2 weeks to arrive and cost around £30 with all the fittings. The fittings are zinc plated brass so pretty corrosion resistant and they are very high quality. I could do the kits cheaper with poorer quality fittings but to be honest I don't want to compromise quality for price. I can also get Stainless fittings but they are almost 3 times the price.

I do a basic axle kit which consists of 2x axle fittings, 1x T-piece and a 6m length of tube in a colour of your choice for £20 delivered to mainland UK. All proceeds go to charity as I donate my time and fuel and I get a friends company to donate the postage. Apart from the cost of the fittings and tube the rest gets paid to charity.

I can supply more comprehensive kits depending on what you want. So if you contact me I can sort out a price for you.

Standard Kit
2 axle fittings (straight or right angled), 1 T-piece and 6 meters of tube.
DSCF1835.jpg

Standard Kit + Extra Fittings and Tube for Gearbox Breather
3 fittings (straight or right angled), 2 T-pieces and 9 meters of tube.
DSCF1836.jpg

Selection of Fittings including Manifolds
More fittings are available and the manifolds are just a few samples sent out by one of my suppliers. I should be getting a load more in the next few weeks from a different suplier and i will decide which to stock when they arrive. I will be looking at cost and quality. The manifold shown are 5 and 6 way manifolds but I will also stock 4 and 5 way types too.
DSCF1834.jpg

(Picture also shows the stainless fittings on the manifold with tubes)

Selection of Tube Colours
I can also get brown but something tells me its not gonna be popular :D
DSCF1829.jpg

And no nasty comments about my tiling....its a first attempt! :lol:

I have access to tube and fittings at work, what thread are the diff breathers please?
Thanks,

btw the tiling looks very well

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:lol: :lol:

The thread is 1/8" BSPT The tube is 6mm OD.

Back