Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

familiar 80 in felixstowe

If I wanted it GOK i wouldn't hang about even if i thought it was a grand over price (i'm not familiar with 80 prices) there's too few about to procrastinate over a grand .

Good point Shayne,

Wondering how much of a concern it should be that this has done 45k miles in the last year, after being off the road for 5 years before.

- KB

It's been up forsake a few times. Each time it gets advertises the price goes up. Sarted at 5.5k if I remember right. Obviously doesn't want to sell it. I spoke with him on Facebook and he wanted 5.5 at the start

I didn't see the laid up and 45k in a year in the description ? but regardless i wouldn't care you can only do that sort of mileage on a motorway and you don't do it in a vehicle you have doubts about . What Karl say's would only encourage me this guy has the money , enjoys his hobby and is now looking to do the same to something a bit more bling i reckon .

No buy it now price suggests it might not even be for sale , perhaps he is just testing its actual market value .

Last edited:
ABS lines have been cut. If that hasn't all been removed from the vehicle it will be an MOT failure at a proper test centre. Probably find tape over the ABS light on the dash. But let's not forget, it's still an 80 so not a heap of rubbish. Some decent brakes on there which is nice. Not sure about a boot mounted winch though.

Slightly too much money in my view but not a great deal more given the overall condition and spec.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's advertised as Free Delivery but says in the description "i can also deliver this to anywhere but please ask for price before hand"

Looks / reads like it is a pre ABS model that's been updated with the post ABS bigger brakes so ABS wouldn't be an issue if that is the case.

Last edited:
I was going by the picture where you can see the ABS sensor sticking out of the top of the swivel with the cable cut. Maybe he's swapped the swivel housings over from a newer cruiser? UK 93 models had ABS. Mine does. Errm, why does it say 200,00 KILOMETERS? Not miles?

Screen Shot 2015-12-23 at 17.44.39.jpg

Last edited:
I saw the ABS cables and thought maybe he's done an axle swap. Talks about big brake upgrade in the description. A buyer needs to check which of course.

Looks like original filth to me Jon. Sorry but my money's on it being bodged. Would you swap the hubs and put spangly new brakes on but leave the replacement swivels coated in muck that incredibly matches the vehicle ???? I don't see this guy as having done a whole axle swap. It's a VX surely and therefore had ABS

Look nice on your drive Jon.....

certainly does not seem to want to talk about the truck, questions on ebay and emails remain unanswered...

- KB

Back