Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Family trip sleeping solution???

Arctic trucks are uber basic - lift via blocks and shackles mostly, to accommodate big tyres. Zero articulation. Look fab, but absolutely shite on anything other than snow.... and they tend to need rebuilding every couple of years, as the Icelandic volcanic sand destroys rubber, seals, etc.

Must agree Dave rollerskate like modification and good for nothing but Iceland but damn they look good which is why i keep reading about fibreglass :lol:

Oh the 9 or 15, think we will go for the 9, stove and pro floor. Great inside with the stove on.
IMG_2326.JPG

So a few pics from the trip to Iceland with the family and OLA, summary, amazing place, great driving, scenery, food and things to do!!
The Safir 9 stood up well to some serious wind, gets noisy but if you peg out the bottom and/or use stones it's fine. The stove was great along with the drying rail. The rail is quick to put up and take down, as is the tent and stove.

Campsite beside Geysir.
IMG_2668.JPG

The truck
IMG_2749.JPG
IMG_2847.JPG
IMG_2855.JPG
IMG_2894.JPG
IMG_2926.JPG
IMG_2949.JPG
IMG_2987.JPG
IMG_2989.JPG
IMG_3080.JPG
IMG_3131.JPG
IMG_3133.JPG
IMG_3152.JPG
IMG_3192.JPG

So a few pics from the trip to Iceland with the family and OLA, summary, amazing place, great driving, scenery, food and things to do!!
The Safir 9 stood up well to some serious wind, gets noisy but if you peg out the bottom and/or use stones it's fine. The stove was great along with the drying rail. The rail is quick to put up and take down, as is the tent and stove.

Campsite beside Geysir.
View attachment 131352
The truck
View attachment 131353 View attachment 131354 View attachment 131355 View attachment 131356 View attachment 131357 View attachment 131358 View attachment 131359 View attachment 131360 View attachment 131361 View attachment 131362 View attachment 131363 View attachment 131364 View attachment 131365
Great stuff, makes me even more determined to go soon, would you say a snorkel is a nesesity?

Campsite beside Geysir.
View attachment 131352
The truck
View attachment 131353 View attachment 131354 View attachment 131355 View attachment 131356 View attachment 131357 View attachment 131358 View attachment 131359 View attachment 131360 View attachment 131361 View attachment 131362 View attachment 131363 View attachment 131364 View attachment 131365

Fantastic!

I've always wanted to go to Iceland (scusing the pun) the whole idea of the place appeals to me.... especially when it's summer here :lol:

Photos like this one just fascinate me....

image.jpeg

By the way, did you lose your hat when taking this photo, or is that some kind of Icelandic "Nessie" making its way across the middle foreground?

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thats the infamous icelandic monster, feasts on landrovers. Doesnt like landcruisers there a little bit more chewy..

Great stuff, makes me even more determined to go soon, would you say a snorkel is a nesesity?
I would say yes, the water was over the bonnet on some crossings, will try and find the picture.
Just find as big a fridge as possible and fill it before you leave with alcohol!!!

Fantastic!

I've always wanted to go to Iceland (scusing the pun) the whole idea of the place appeals to me.... especially when it's summer here :lol:

Photos like this one just fascinate me....

View attachment 131369

By the way, did you lose your hat when taking this photo, or is that some kind of Icelandic "Nessie" making its way across the middle foeground?
I did not notice that before and don't remember a stone in the middle, a weird one!!!

I would say yes, the water was over the bonnet on some crossings, will try and find the picture.
Just find as big a fridge as possible and fill it before you leave with alcohol!!!

I did not notice that before and don't remember a stone in the middle, a weird one!!!

Could be almost anything I suppose, from a water rat to Nessie herself!

Some semblance of a tiny wake at 8:00 o'clock, unless it's a rock and an appropriate current... the mystery continues...

Back