Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fan & timing belt change, help.

Steveindar

Country Flag
tanzania
Hi All,

I'm sure there is a how-to somewhere, just cant get my search results to show anything specific.

Just need to know how one gets at all the tension bolts without removing battery, radiator and fan. Is it possible to change all the belts without too much gymnastics. I can get to the AC belt easy enough.

There shouldn't be any need to remove stuff to do the belts. All the bolts are accessible with the right extensions. It's a bit of a fiddle but doable.

Not hard at all. You certainly don't need to remove the radiator and batteries.

I'll have to work with a mirror. Do you attack from above or below?

Check out the water pump and the core plug behind and low down behind the pump, the core plug was rusted through on mine it was a dripping water pump that brought it to my attention, so while your in there...............

regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Check out the water pump and the core plug behind and low down behind the pump, the core plug was rusted through on mine it was a dripping water pump that brought it to my attention, so while your in there...............

regards

Dave

Thank for the heads-up! :drool::drool:

Si in the end I compromised...removed the air filter can to get at the alternator tensioning bolt, loosened the hinge bolt from below and the tension bolt lock from above and front. Plenty exercise upping and downing, but done at last.
Have to tackle the front shaft seals and CV's real soon, the rain will be here in earnest soon.

Back