Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

fanbelts

goodoldboy

millner at 3 quid each , roughtrax with a kit for about 15 quid or main dealer at about €45.00 + vat - who has fitted what?

Not the Milner ones, they come in different lengths :x

I've used Milner, IIRC £15 set of three, no problems with different lengths though, one for the fan and water pump pulleys and two for the aircon and alternator pulleys. :thumbup:

Went to main stealer yesterday to get a pair of alternator belts for the 80. Fed up with the Milner ones. Now squealing like a pig. I need a trained monkey to sit under the bonnet and tighten tighten them as I drive along. They are utter crap. You know I like some of the stuff that they do, but the belts are pants. I think they are actually elastic. A pair from main agent was £19.01. It'll save me that in labour each week, getting the spanners out.

Tempting just to try one belt instead of two. Why they have this complication is beyond me. But a pair, fit on and carry the other as a spare. How often do they snap then?

Grrr

Chris

I've not had any probs with the Milner ones, twice I've had squealing and both times it was the bearing on the Toyota aircon pulley, £74 :shock: from Toy £54 :thumbup: from Ian, I bought a spare Toy one recently on eBay for £9.99 :cool: nobody else bid for it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Handy. Don't think it's the pulley. I can bypass that to see, but the belts are slack again and only squeal when I rev it.

Chris

just had an update on prices from the main dealer the 2 short ones €10.50 ea. & the long one €16.50 so OEM for me.The ideler pulley is €96.00 plus vat & mine seems a little loose - does it have a roller bearing inside or a bush?

goodoldboy said:
The idler pulley is €96.00 plus vat & mine seems a little loose - does it have a roller bearing inside or a bush?

It has a replaceable bearing:

DSCN8087.jpg

Check that the centre flange/nut is tight, as that locks the sliding pin to the bracket. The pulley will be loose otherwise :thumbup:

DSCN8086.jpg

Bob.

Back