Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bonnet Strut

Sam

Garage
About to grab a couple of these bonnet struts from Rough Trax for £30 each.
>> Bonnest Struts from Rough Trax 4x4
The lid starting to creep down and tap me on the noggin' when I'm not looking so I've been using a big stick to prevent the imminent squash.
Just checking in before I do in case anyone has a better suggestion or wavy arm panic warning (suppose I could just keep using the stick).

Just for the giggles I asked Toyota for a price.... over £230 + VAT each. wtf? :icon-rolleyes:

Are you making one from steel rod and brackets or getting a used one from something else ?
I was going to get one from scrapper with brackets, but need to find length first and fixing/stowage points to fix on lc.

It's just a standard gas strut - if you know the length you could probably get it slightly cheaper else where, but probably not much, so I'd go with the RT one.

Do it sooner rather than later - I ignored the warning signs on mine (a few taps on the head) and got a much bigger 'tap' on the head when it got worse. Its surprising how heavy a bonnet is when its not surrpoted by a gas strut!!!!!

Ouch !! Although mine are fine at the moment, exactly your situation is why I have been thinking revert to the age old tried and tested method of holding a bonnet up.
Gas struts sometimes have an identifying number on them (not oem)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Are you making one from steel rod and brackets or getting a used one from something else ?
I was going to get one from scrapper with brackets, but need to find length first and fixing/stowage points to fix on lc.
My mate's a welder so we'll see what's in his yard.

Back