Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Feeling sorry for my self

warrenpfo

I had been feeling a rubbish since Sunday and being the tough sort did nothing about it until yesterday when I went to see the doc. After he told me to drink some fluids and be on my merry way I managed to pass out in the doctors hallway and the next thing I know I come round lying on the floor in utter cold and tingling all over.

Don't get me wrong I like feeling tingly but this was on a scale I have never felt before to the point where I had no control over my hands and they both went into the claw.

From this point on which was around 4 until 6:30 I am going on what I have been told as I don't remember much lapsing in and out of conscious but I managed to secure my first and hopefully last ride in an ambulance to the glorious destination of Wexham Park Hospital in slough

Apparently my temp was above 41 for some time and after stripping me plugging a cold drip of some form and using ice they managed to lower it and get me comfy again. After what we can only assume was a trainee nurse took some blood and managed to cover not only me but her, the bed, hallway and wall in it as I am quite fit at present and when I donated blood could fill a bag quite fast and so perhaps caught her by surprise.

Any who I was wheeled into my own bedroom at one this morning to be hooked up to what must be the noisiest machine that delivers fluid at what ever rate they tell it to and when you used to a nice duvet and absolute quite it takes some getting used to.

My hat goes off to the paramedics in the ambulance they where fantastic my wife says and we have there names in the hope we can send them something to say thanks if that's allowed.

Wexham has not been bad at all if not a little slow but they are packed at the moment so it's understandable and I don't want to sound ungrateful. Not an English nurse or doctor around which I found interesting and I was looked after by a lady from the Transkei which was great as she made me feel special.

I guess all this has taught me is that if you feel shit go and see the doc sooner rather than later and stop trying to be "the man" as even men fall sometimes.

Well it's not how I planned on spending my 34th birthday but maybe I might get a cake with a candle for breakfast.

Update...

Things are looking up, I have a menu to choose from for breakfast and to top it off I'm going to get a helping of antibiotics intravenously as desert...yay

wow - hope all is ok Warren!

Eish dude. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Any idea what the cause was?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hard luck is all I can say, hope all is well with you sooner rather than later.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Warren
Have you had a diagnosis yet?
Sounds pretty scary for a while. Hope Wrexham hospital treats you well.
Get well soon fella

Neil

OMG, that sounds really scary.

What was the problem?

Low blood pressure?

Gra.

As said above mate .Hope you feel better soon and they pin point the problem.

'Strewth Warren. bad luck. Hope they get you sorted soon. And your birthday too - bummer.

Chris

Was going to make some poor joke about first dibs on your cruiser, but I'm not really after a Hundee series :lol::lol::lol:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Warren.

What a woes! :icon-evil: If you can write about it you are obviously well enough!

In all seriousness get well soon mate, and stop eyeing up the nursies!

That's how they know you're better Tony!

Get well soon.

One way to avoid that surprise birthday party with the outlaws!! :lol:

Happy Birthday - and hope you get well soon!

Warren - thanks for sharing. Hits home alittle as same age. Started reading and was expecting you to be in your fifties!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Oh yes - get another doctor! The one you have is dangerously incompetent by the sounds of things - go home and keep the fluids up and you have elevated temp in the danger zone??? What a poes!! What other signs and symptoms were missed during your 10 minute consultation???

I'd be a bit worried about letting this quack see my family, if I were you!

Nice birthday present, . . . NOT. That must have been scary for you Warren, here's hoping you'll be out of there soon and away from those young nurses who I am sure will do nothing for your blood pressure. :lol:

Back