Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Feeling sorry for my self

:shock: Get well soon! :pray:

Scary stuff, just be glad you're in the right place and being taken care of!

Get well soon Warren and Happy Birthday you old Git 34:icon-biggrin: i can say this as you are 10 months older than me:lol:

My mrs was really bad before christmas , doc gave her anti-biotics and whatnot but she felt drained to the point of exhaustion . Doc told her to get herself a bottle of Metatone while she was at the chemist . Apparently they sell it in tesco's and asda and whatnot aswell . From what shes told me about it i've been wanting a bottle myself ever since , its just a booster tonic but from what the mrs says a spoon full could put Elvis back in business !

Hope this helps .

shit man, sorry to hear, well this happens when you cross the 30th border, all down hill like a mountain bike in tokai forest, but in no time will you be up and going

hope the birthday party is delayed :)

I echo what all the others have said before me. Get well soon Warren.

I'm also with gary s regarding your incompetent quack, i wouldn't be leaving it there.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks all for the well wishes. I'm still in hospital having had 8l to date of fluid pumped into me. I'm feeling much "stronger" today but still very coldly.

I managed to pickup a viral infection somewhere and the combination of me not getting enough fluid and food in as all I was doing was passing it out just as fast meant I just got weaker and weaker and it was dehydration that got the better of me in the end.

Those who have met me will know I'm slight of build being 6.2 and only 88kg. Well I managed to loose 10% of my weight in 4 days which in its self should have alerted me to a problem.

Some very kind people have sent me a few Pm's concerned about the tingling I was experiencing and I have had a neurosurgeon take a look and all is well. It was the first thing that ran through my mind when I was lying on the floor unable to move my hands and mouth but it was the continued short sharp breathing that was in effect causing hypoxemia.
Or in laymans terms too much carbon dioxide in my body which can cause you to faint and the first signs where the tingling. As soon as my fever was under control I could then control my breathing and the tingling went.

in a way I guess it's a bit like hypothermia only on the ground and not in the water thank god.

fingers crossed I'm home tomorrow but only time will tell.

Will keep those who are interested posted and thanks again for all the well wishes as its times like these with no family around to help and a one year old you really find out who your good friends are.

Hi mate

Really sorry to hear about this. Getting older is a horrible process! Hope you get back on the mend soon.

Gettin older aint all bad , now i can say "i would have done that with my eyes closed when i was a lad" and walk away unscathed .
When i was younger i'd be halfway up everest in my underpants carrying a sack of coal and cursing myself for not keeping my mouth shut !

All the best, Warren - hope your recovery is quick! I'm sure you wouldn't feel so cold if you were back home (yawn, another 30 deg day here:whistle:) - although if you collapsed in a hospital here, you'd probably still be lying where you fell:?

When i was younger i'd be halfway up everest in my underpants carrying a sack of coal and cursing myself for not keeping my mouth shut

Classic!
:clap:
Steve

Jeesh, what an unpleasant episode Warren - hope you get home pronto.

Hey warren i'm glad you're feeling better mate,wishing you a speedy recovery.

Back