Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ferrari at the 'Ring, for V12 fans!

Andrew Prince

You HAVE to listen to this with the sound up loud. That V12 wailing at 8000rpm is goosebump material!

599XX

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
I say we make an outing there in the Land Cruisers. Imagine the annoyance of all the other people with having to put up with a bunch of trucks lumbering around there.
Wonder how many Ferarri's Ian Rubie could drive over before he felt it.

Ian Rubie said:
That was fun guys but there road was very bumpy. Must have been pothole or something

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
Andrew Prince said:
You HAVE to listen to this with the sound up loud. That V12 wailing at 8000rpm is goosebump material!
599XX
Oooh! now I've wet me trousers :oops:
Chas

Rob

Garage
That's cheating, there was no traffic like slow cornering bikes and very slow tourist coaches :evil:

Andrew Prince

Crispin said:
I say we make an outing there in the Land Cruisers. Imagine the annoyance of all the other people with having to put up with a bunch of trucks lumbering around there.

Good idea :idea: And Jon could rival the Ferraris on the engine noise with his new exhaust :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
I thought he fluffed the line on quite a few corners / feathered when he didn't need to and could have carried more speed :lol: always looks easier when you're not the one behind the wheel though :mrgreen:

Julian

It is a pretty technical track, alot to remember
I have been a few times including some practice laps in 600hp Impreza :o with a good friend of mine driving. It does get to look very narrow at high speeds
The lap by the XX was very fast, it was a bit of a cheat for 'production cars' as it was on slicks and run by the factory
have a look at this
[youtube:dhzgipup]bAnMFhFMWAY[/youtube:dhzgipup]
Old school Ruf Porsche, mad skills behind the wheel

Andrew Prince

Julian said:
The lap by the XX was very fast, it was a bit of a cheat for 'production cars' as it was on slicks and run by the factory
Yep, Ferrari have been cute with this one, calling it a "production-based car". You're quite right that it's not a road legal car.

On the other hand the 'Ring record is held by a Radical SR8, which is supposed to be road-legal. Have a look at one and tell me whether it really looks more suited to the road than the tricked up Ferrari? :lol: The Ferrari has a boot and a roof at least - ultimately they're all just racing cars watered down to meet the minimum requirements for road use.