Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Filling up with fuel

joinerman

Garage
Was at a local s/market filling station today filling up my van, now i have to go easy on the trigger as if i do it to fast it airlocks so i had plenty of time to watch the amount, finished filling up & total £37.50, drive forward to the booth & give them the pump number, £39.50 the woman says, no £37.50 i say turning back to see someone else is now using the pump & a large impatient queue is forming behind me so for the sake of two quid i had to pay & go,

BUT i wonder how often this is going on.

I filled my LPG tank this afternoon and when full (it took 79.16ltrs) the pump read exactly £60, the gas was £0.749 ltr so times 79.16 the pump should have read £59.29. I've just checked my till receipt and it says £60.09 :x it's only 9p I know but how many extra 9p's are there enriching the fuel companies coffers? I wouldn't have noticed this but for your post, I wonder too how often this happens

The last time I filled up, at Carrefour in Bayeux, the pump and cashier both said 261.24 euros. Will be quite a while before I fill up again but I'll be sure to check the pump and the cashier agree!

On that one I would have argued the toss as its their fault. I know where you're coming from in regards the queue but I am fed up to the back teeth of fuel companies taking liberties with us consumers.
Year on year regardless how the demand is they are making hand over fist.

I was moaning yesterday at 1.34€ a litre!!!!
Steve

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back