Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

finally chose paint colour !!!

BEEJAY

Country Flag
canada
Went with a nice metallic blue paint for my BJ 40 1981....... The wheels will be black....bumpers black...running board black....and a black denin bestop... Can't wait to have it completed in the next few months...

Attachments

• fender.jpg
    fender.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 152
  • body cruiser.jpg
    body cruiser.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 140
Welcome. Tell us a bit more about your build and more pictures are mandatory :icon-biggrin:

Yes ....I'll post a few pics of the frame ....it was sand blasted and primed and painted.... looks very nice..... The father inlaw is doing most of the work.....

JMO of course, but I find gloss black rather harsh, much preferring a very dark charcoal. You get all the benefits of black without the bling of black.
Other thoughts are a black canvas hood will suffer a lot from UV fade, depends on how much sun it will get.
Otherwise a lovely looking resto there BJ

Thanks for your opinion Clive.... I appreciate the input......As for the fading of the black top....it shouldn't be much of an issue....I chose the denim finish...which is not shiny...and will fade less..... Plus living in Canada....Heat and sun shoudn't be much of an issue...and I will be storing it for 5 months of the year during winter... The dark charcoal is actually a good idea....I might go that route eventually.... but for now I'm gonna stick with black and eventually I plan on making a few more modification.....I will be getting a hard top roof completed eventually...and A nice set of metal half doors.... will be a work in progress for a few years.... ButI should have it on the road by September !!!!!

I was searching for an example of my wheels in a charcoal color, but in most of the photos they were too dirty to see! :lol:

But but I found this older pic of the spare, it might give you an idea...., at least it's clean :lol:

image.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back