Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Original Hammerite colour

Shayne

Guru
Can't seem to find it at all ?

Ignore whats written on the tin and look at the blue colour pictured

Hammerite-Direct-To-Rust-Hammer-Metal-Paint-Black-0.75L.jpg

Thats black , no trouble finding hammerite , which i don't like and won't use for the most part , it simply crossed my mind that the original pale blue which was the only colour you could get is very similar to the paint on my boat engines .

I wasted money on that a good while back not my door but modern hammerite blue

qpz6hb2jxopcrl3zigzs.jpg

The original

1678535077432.jpeg

Maybe they've changed the ingredients and formula of the paint from what it used to be, possibly for a more "eco-friendly" mix, as has happened to so many other products although, looking at the warning label, it still looks like it's not something to be sniffed at!:wtf:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Aye i don't expect to get the original because E.U Directive 8776665444332212234566768798990909887765544433233 states all paint in occupied europe should be flavoured and drinkable , or something like that .

Has to be a similar generic tin that can roll around rusting in a locker for 10 years so every now and then you can dip your finger in it to touch up bolts you just put back in .

Don't know what it is with fishermen but give them a spray can and they won't take finger off the button until its empty , windows and wellies will all match .

I think they took away the xylene solvent, which was an important ingredient. It was also the reason you needed their special cleaner, and why you had to recoat within a certain time frame.

Back