Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Finally got cruiser back

Aspire

Country Flag
england
After having all my wet weather gear stolen from rear of cruiser and insurance company demanding a better immobiliser / alarm fitted only taken 2 months sorting it's now back up and running.

since then my friends from oz brought me over new window rubbers fronts ones done rear ones will be done when it gets warmer. Front speakers now done .

Needs a service on the lpg system as they had it back and re mapped it but it's not right so will be done this week.

All it now needs is a regas of AC having finally sorted last leek on system.

Then tart up time leather seats, couple spots of rust, repair a crack in one of the rear wheel arch flairs to be sorted and get the alloys powder coated.

Must get some pics ,Then fingers crossed it's then sorted........unless I modify it ;)

Last edited:
Glad you've got your truck sorted. You'll have to post some pics up - we love pics! :thumbup:

.......then fingers crossed it's then sorted........unless I modify it ;)

Famous last words of many an LC owner...... :lol:

Oh, did I say we love cruiser pics? :icon-wink:

I had both of mine regassed in Clay Cross. No appointment, done very quickly. Full gas up is £50. Top up is £30.

Glad you've got your truck sorted. You'll have to post some pics up - we love pics! :thumbup:

Famous last words of many an LC owner...... :lol:

Oh, did I say we love cruiser pics? :icon-wink:

Only because Chadr forgot to say, some pics wouldn't go amiss...:whistle:

Cheers all the gas is free as I have a friend of a friend he has checked all over and found last leak sorted it and will regas for free !the. Cold beer at hand :) Will do pics. Can't miss mine as silver over red.

Found a leak on screen wash behind headlights for head light wash! Looks like a t piece so might as well do the lot at one go. Anyone else had to do this as looks like bigger pipes etc.

Chris will have to meet up as want to check out a a very slight noise when under throttle at 50 to 65 but one take throttle off sound disappears.

regards

simon

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Found a leak on screen wash behind headlights for head light wash! Looks like a t piece so might as well do the lot at one go. Anyone else had to do this as looks like bigger pipes etc. regards, simon

Yep, I had a leak that I couldn't source, I had assumed it to be the screen-wash reservoir so I bought a new one for megabucks. When I got around to fitting it, I was surprised to find the "hidden" water bag reservoir that's buried in the inner wing behind the visible screen-wash reservoir.

Anyway, after stripping all the skin off the backs of my hands wrestling with the hidden bugger, I gave up. Eventually, I found the "T" piece behind the headlamps was leaking.

IIRC, on mine it was actually an "L" piece, with a valve in it. The valve had stuck open and water was siphoning out of the reservoir all the time.

Replaced both sides and all was OK after.

Clive is it a standard part and where did you get 2 from? As sounds like exactly what the problem is on mine as well.

plus was thinking of a bonnet / stone protector saw one on ebay wonder if anyone else has got one and opinions. Typical sold.

Last edited:
Can't get better than free Simon.

Sure, I'll have a listen. I think I have heard just about every noise one of these things can make. That's the beauty of the green one. It doesn't make any noises at all. I should go to Morocco in that one.

I'm in Wingerworth by the Smithy Pond. Just PM me or something and we'll sort a time out. I am in most days, but not much this coming week. I'm in evenings and don't have young kids in bed or anything so even evenings are fine with me.

I thought you would ask that! The problem is, the guy at the paint workshop got them for me for next to nothing, and I don't have clue where he got them. They were identical to the OEM valves,Aubrey they were Mr T.

I've had that too. In the end I had to by pass the washers. I couldn't fix the one way valve. Easy to replace but couldn't be bothered on that vehicle. I would think that there would be plenty of one way valves out there as long as you know the hose size.

I thought you would ask that! The problem is, the guy at the paint workshop got them for me for next to nothing, and I don't have clue where he got them. They were identical to the OEM valves,Aubrey they were Mr T.
Goodness knows where Aubrey came from, friggin autotype, "Maybe" maybe... :lol:

Might try Toyota to see if they have and if so how much will let you know how I get on.

MY washer bottle empties out over a few days so sounds like we have had the same probs.

Last edited:
They're only plastic jobbies, but quite specific for the task. They have a spring-loaded valve that allows the pressurise water from the pump to pass through, whereas just the gravity pull on the water is stopped. As the lights are the lowest part of the system, a leaking valve will either let the water dribble out of the light jets, or, as in my case, out of a vent in the valve body itself.

Likely to be similar units on any car with high pressure headlamp washers.

plenty on ebay one that will do up to 6mm pipe any ideas on pipe size for head light washers as looks like big pipe.

plenty of non return valves you can get aluminium ones from China £2 each if designed for fuel should be ok screen wash. Plastic ones £4 will have to get it sorted job for weekend

Last edited:
plenty on ebay one that will do up to 6mm pipe any ideas on pipe size for head light washers as looks like big pipe.

plenty of non return valves you can get aluminium ones from China £2 each if designed for fuel should be ok screen wash. Plastic ones £4 will have to get it sorted job for weekend

As I said in my post above, it's a non-siphon valve, not a non return valve. The pump has to overcome a pressure resistance, return has nothing to do with its function.

Cheers Clive will try Toyota as unless spring loaded will let it syphon out . If they are really expensive might try ordering one and set up experiment to see if works as anti syphon.

IMO, a one way or non-return wouldn't be any use at all. You want flow from A to B. A one way valve set up the right way round will give you flow from A to B.

Trouble is, Gravity will continue to pull from A to B and the non-return function will do nothing to stop it.

Yep realising this ..... Maybe time for a cunning plan......

Toyota genuine art £6.50 plus vat will be here on Wednesday so hope to get sorted at the weekend.

Back