Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Finally got cruiser back

Result. Now just the odd noise to fix.

There's a valve in the long pipe to the rear washer nozzle to stop fluid draining down from the nozzle. This makes sure you have instant fluid on the back screen the moment you turn the switch. Mine blocked up and was a nightmare to clean out. One of the very few things on my 80 to have gone wrong.

There's a valve in the long pipe to the rear washer nozzle to stop fluid draining down from the nozzle. This makes sure you have instant fluid on the back screen the moment you turn the switch. Mine blocked up and was a nightmare to clean out. One of the very few things on my 80 to have gone wrong.

My rear washer has just been fixed from not working, the non return valve, or whatever, was blocked, the spring and ball inside had jammed, it was removed and the washer has been working fine ever since, with no delay of the water coming through.

H image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHope you guys approve

Wrong part delivered re ordered correct parts £30 each ouch will get it Friday and will fit over weekend

Wrong part for the headlamp washers , the valves £30 plus vat each . Got them Friday spent Sunday cutting old pipes away, in the rain under the truck couldn't get a good angle on to tighten the clips. Took it today to friends garage to get it on the ramp. My friends took one look at it and said remove indicators 2 screws out popped the unit out straight onto the one way / anti syphon valves lemon squeesy 5 mins a side instead of hours spent on Sunday Doh!!!,

Now the washers work a treat and no leeks! Wayyyyyyyyy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sure, I'll have a listen. I think I have heard just about every noise one of these things can make. That's the beauty of the green one. It doesn't make any noises at all. I should go to Morocco in that one.
It knows the way!

Back