Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Find of the decade is now home A "new" 25 year old 80

Cptsideways

Garage
This popped up for sale similar spec to an old one I had a JDM VX Limited it's as original & mint as you will ever find inside & out!. No rust & as far as I can tell is completely original apart from wheels & stereo.

IMG_20160823_181147_zpsfliz4pi9.jpg

IMG_20160823_181201_zpsnoqtluk8.jpg

Has a winch cover, but no winch appears ever fitted. It genuinely is almost like new!!!

So looks like I'll be selling my current HDJ81 in the near future as this one is for keeps

Great work! I saw your post on PH, was hoping you'd arrive here, it looks fantastic and I'm looking forward to seeing some more pictures.

Just going over it as we speak, how people keep things so tidy for so long I don't know! History file is fairly epic including Japanese history to 60k, only servicing & service items required by the looks of things.

It's never failed an MOT either!

Could well be a candidate for BEB job as its an early one. Whats the current availability of the BEB's these days?

It does have a sticky autobox cable, making the throttle stiff, pretty sure its just the cable should be an easy fix.

Karl has stocks of ACL BEBs I believe.

When you say cable do you mean the one down the bulkhead into the side of the auto box? It's not a hard fit but you do have to take the pan off. The hard bit is the cost of the cable. It's like £80 or something crazy.

Looks like a new one. Incredible.

Yes its the cable down the bulkhead to the pan, its useable as is but its added to list of jobs (not that I've found many)

Lower tailgate the inner handle is about to break off
Toolkit box lid in the boot is missing
Fit a towbar as it's NEVER had one !
Would be nice to find an OEM winch for it? Has the mounts & all
There is one bit of lacquer peel on one arch flare, fairly minor
The bonnet has some faint lacquer marks but I'll probably leave it original
Massive Waxoyl job to keep it mint
Balance the tyres & refurb the wheels
Change the fog light switch as its annoying
If I can find a new windscreen I'll get it done

It's even got the ice making kit complete! & of course the ac & fridge all works rather well. And all the windows work the first LC I've had that do lol

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice find, sounds too nice to drive/use, but if you're towing, you won't be off-roading it too much I guess!

Back