Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

First cruiser

tyres look good. :thumbup:

i think it would benefit from some wheel spacers though. as the tyres look set quite far inside the arches.

do they rub on the radius arms on full lock? :)

Red Oktober said:
nope ... they don't rub
:shock: Really? I even have a lightly polished area on my radius arms from my 265/75R16 Cooper STTs with a similar looking offset (I don't have the extended arches), are yours not 285s?

Jimbo4x4 said:
Red Oktober said:
nope ... they don't rub
:shock: Really? I even have a lightly polished area on my radius arms from my 265/75R16 Cooper STTs with a similar looking offset (I don't have the extended arches), are yours not 285s?

Yep they deffo are 285/75/16's
hmmm ... now i've driven it properly ... they do rub on the radius arms....

i assume the "fix" is wheel spacers

yes either wheel spacers, or you could wind the bolts out for your steering lock stops. but obviously you will loose a little bit of lock.

ive noticed my tyres catch slightly on the radius arms and thats using wheels with a massive
-38mm off set. :)

ben said:
yes either wheel spacers, or you could wind the bolts out for your steering lock stops. but obviously you will loose a little bit of lock.

ive noticed my tyres catch slightly on the radius arms and thats using wheels with a massive
-38mm off set. :)

how do i do that ..... (sorry for silly q's ... i know nothing about these motors :oops: :oops: )

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Finally managed to change the headunit over to a decent one
had a "Sony Xplod" in there when we bought it ....
SANY0006.jpg

changed it for a "Ripspeed DVD player"
SANY00102.jpg

SANY00035.jpg

sounds soo much better just from the front speakers (which i replaced as well)

silly question time ....
what does 2L mean on the auto box

Tidy work :thumbup:

2 = 2nd gear
L = 1st gear

Selecing these gears will give you engine braking as opposed to "Drive" which will just coast when you take your foot off the accelerator. Very handy when off road as using the brake too much on a steep decent can cause a skid which in turn can cause big problems including a rolled truck or worse - brown trousers :?

Jim.

Cheers Jimbo :thumbup:

we did have a little venture down a local greenlane this evening ...and found out very quickly how much control i had with it in "L" as i did in "Drive".

it does feel very firm offroad though .... will the "sport button" make any difference :think: :think:

Jimbo4x4 said:
ECT - haven't a clue what it stands for but it holds the gears for longer, useful if you're towing up a hill.
Electronic Control Transmission, if my memory serves me correctly. Basically a 'sports' button for the auto transmission.

Scott said:
Jimbo4x4 said:
ECT - haven't a clue what it stands for but it holds the gears for longer, useful if you're towing up a hill.
Electronic Control Transmission, if my memory serves me correctly. Basically a 'sports' button for the auto transmission.

Thanks ... much apreciated :thumbup:

no its a special reason it the name patrick swayze played in steel dawn, just like the fronty was called the beast after patricks last tv series :(

sadly missed

it's here
06-04-11_130417.jpg

The turbo died ... had it fixed ... was ok (ish) for a few weeks ... then back to the same problem as before ...
it needed loads of other bits doing on it too ... (about 3k worth of work to get it though the MOT)
and we only paid £950 for it in the first place five years ago ... so it was time to let it go and move on to something different

Red Oktober said:
it's here ... (about 3k worth of work to get it though the MOT)
and we only paid £950 for it in the first place five years ago ... so it was time to let it go and move on to something different
Sounds like a wise decision. :thumbup:

Nice pics.

Red Oktober said:
it does feel very firm offroad though .... will the "sport button" make any difference :think: :think:
Ahhah, you have the optional variable rate shocks :thumbup: The button will only make things worse while off road, it stiffens up the shock absorbers for better road holding (if the shocks are still working as they should). It's also helpful for carrying heavy loads or 3rd row seat passengers on road journeys - stops the back end bouncing so much ;)

Jim.

Hmmmm ... ok ...
is there anything i can do to make it a bit softer offroad

Back