Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

First cruiser

Can you notice any difference between sport mode and normal? Throw something fairly heavy, 20kgs or more in the boot and go and drive over some speed bumps. If there's no difference it's possible there's no current getting to the shocks and they're stuck in sport mode.

Other things to check - what pressure are you running in your tyres? I run 38-40psi which gives a fairly firm ride but I put up with it for the better mpg. Iirc 33psi all round is the recommended pressure but it might be lower. Also check to see if your shock/axle bushes are worn, if they are this could be a contributing factor.

HTH.

Tyres are running at 30psi. .... i'll try the weight in the back thing to see if theres any difference

there's no difference between selecting "sport" and "normal" .... front end feels almost solid. :?:

Sounds like a trip to the auto spark is in order then :thumbdown: sorry dude.

but we have only just got it :shock: :x there shouldn't be anything rong with it it sounds ok

Found time to put a pair of LED spot lights on the other day.

th_SANY00026.jpg th_SANY00057.jpg

I've disconnected the yellow spots and wired the LED lights into the existing switch (instead of the yellow spots comming on ....the LED lights do)
I'll try to get some comparison pics at some point ... :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Red Oktober said:
it's here
06-04-11_130417.jpg

The turbo died ... had it fixed ... was ok (ish) for a few weeks ... then back to the same problem as before ...
it needed loads of other bits doing on it too ... (about 3k worth of work to get it though the MOT)
and we only paid £950 for it in the first place five years ago ... so it was time to let it go and move on to something different

Yo, Red! It seems that great minds think alike. Seeing your Fronty really brought back the memories. It's been a week now since we part exchanged "Nick" (1999 LWB "B" series Frontera 2.2 LPG) for our "new" LC100. It's market value declined to only £1500 and in the last 12 months we have spent considerably more than that keeping the Fronty on the road. The maths didn't make sense and that's why it had to go. The Prins LPG VSi conversion to the LC100 cost more than my entire Frontera (which btw also ran on LPG via a Emmergas Single Point system). Alas, I don't think my Fronty will be going to the great junkyard in the sky, anytime soon but I'm so glad I've made the swop!

John

The Dark Dude

we didn't think it would go anywere yet but carl didn't no anything about terbos and i dont no much about cars ether i cant drive

Back