Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

First drive of a 100...3sp+OD gearboxes

The EGR makes the inlet pipes clog up quite severely, depending on use (less with only long hauls / Autostrada). First thing to do is to open up and clean out the crud, then block the EGR. Also makes the catalyser clog up until it is completely blocked.

Interesting, though i was struck by how little soot was coming out of the 58k car's exhaust when I bent down to inspect underneath. Is this due to working EGR or injectors that are much less worn I wonder.

Doodle, agree on prices. But am tempted to wait until manual is available. I tried one of those at very low speed and the box is perfectly acceptable, much more so than a manual 80 I once tried. That had a shift like the old tractor we once owned, with 68k miles on it.

Yes, it is...probably one of the last given it's age.

Ok thanks.....I see the difference now in the transmission tunnel moulding around the shifter. :)

Well, had a crack in a couple of 5spd vehicles today. It was a little bit better, but I think my expectations where perhaps higher than reality allowed. Either way, it's nowhere near enough to offset the extra costs (like Graham, I'm not feeling that rich!).

So, at some point I'll be on the hunt for a good 00-02 model, I think.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back