Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

first go with Cadac Safari Chef bbq

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
Managed to stop our pool cleaning early today and nip off for a pic-nic at our newly aquired lake (5 year rental) - it off the beaten track in the middle of a forest (no tarmac for a couple of km) and we have it along with our French Neighbour.
Used the new table , bbq, and pic-nic set all at once and have to report all were a great sucsess

IMG_1169 (640x427).jpg

Well recomend the bbq. Does mean pork belly slices & bangers :)
Steve

I'm more intrigued about acquiring a lake for 5 years ... :)

Its a bit pricey.... total I and my neighbour pay is 700€ per year - ie 1 € each a day! For this we have exclusive use of lake, cabin (bit tiny but good to keep chairs and tables in). All we have to do is keep it tidy and cut grass etc. We plan our first wild camp there when we get the Oztent ;)
Its got some decent sized carp, pike and zander and lots of young roach etc. We may chuck a load of trout in for a family and friend trout fishing day (we used to do this with the last lake we had but the owner shot himself and the son sold the lake from under us! This time we have a contract.....)

Steve

Looks like fun. First time I've ever heard of people renting lakes. That's pretty neat.

My folks use a Cadac in their motor home and love it.

trick is to find someone who doesnt fish and cant be arrrsed to do the maintenance! (and is just up the road) The last one we had was totally over grown and that needed a lot of work. This one is a bit smaller (actually 2 lakes) all told about an acre - see here for a google map of the lake (s)
The 'road' is a gravel track with a couple of axel twisters that will need to be filled in!

Steve

Last edited:
The lake is cheap but wait til you see the cost per litre

All you are paying for is the hole in the ground

Sorry I'm tired and drinking beer. Never good. 27 hours without sleep does that to you

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back