Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

First look at Halo 35" dual row LED light bar

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
This arrived today. Australian product but there is now a UK importer. http://halolightbars.co.uk/

First impression is that it is nicely made and well finished. It's not one of these cheap Chinese ones that you can't jet wash but it's also not one of these ridiculously priced Lasers or Wilderness ones. £700 for a light bar?

I looked around and tried to find a mid priced, quality unit. I got a great response from Nigel at Halo UK and ordered yesterday. Free shipping in June and he had this one in stock.

Wiring is good and heavy duty.

Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 14.54.17.jpg

There are spots in the middle and floods at the side. The output is nearly 18 000 Lumens from 4 gen Cree LEDs. 70 of the little suckers.

Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 14.54.02.jpg

It comes with shields that slide in. Not entirely sure what they're for but you can get coloured ones. These don't let any light through at all. Good if they are wired into your main beam come MOT time.

Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 14.53.50.jpg

Will have to wait until the weekend to mount them. Got some brackets to make.

I would maybe think about trying to make it water tight if pos, I have a similar light bar on my off road toy, no less then 2 weeks just sat out side and it's full of water, the wilderness light are just the Chinese ones with a stupid price, I have the lazer st8 not yet fitted to the 80 but it was on my 100 and it's awesome, yes pricey but very good, also have the vision x light cannons witch aren't bad

Tommy, appreciate that. But does say that they are dust tight and water tight to 3 m or something already. They have a 2 year warranty too. I have the Vision X cannons as well. Nice things.

Those shields are for countries that haven't made them legal yet - quite a few places have them as illegal on public roads so being able to cover them (and protect them) is a great idea IMO.

Fitted? Weeks ago Comrade. Pictures on the build thread. Codename Grey Ghost. Quite a super item. The black screens also protect the lens when not needed and if accidentally switched on don't melt vehicles in front. You can also use them to shield the spot or flood section should you want to.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just thought I'd give you all a product update. Long term style as we do.

Well, the light from this bar is still quite staggering but there are quality issues. The black coating has been peeling off badly and the small screws that hold the blinds in (over the lens) corroded to the alloy to the point I couldn't get them out and had to 'fix' them if you get me. I complained to Halo who responded in only a few months!!!

The response wasn't really worth having. So I painted it myself.

Long and short, super light, rubbish finish longer term despite their sales blurb and no back up to speak of. For the money? Buy 6 cheap Chinese ones for the same money and chuck them away when they fail. They won't be as bright I can tell you but you wont' feel so cheated.

Hassle about quality

Fitted these cheap Chinese led spots at weekend, nice and bright

http://m.wowfactormall.com/WOW-2-X-...-Beam-for-Car-Truck-SUV-Boat-Lamp-p10604.html

£34 a pair so if they only last a year, not too big a hit
(The halo equivalent are £110 for ONE unit, so £220 a pair.... could get a lot of £34 pairs for that )
Will see how they last the winter, before deciding on more of them for roof rack or one of their light bars

2 years warranty apparently...
But I see halo supposedly have that too ?

Last edited:
I got mine from a general electrical supplier here, he brought in a crate full from China, probably paid 10 euro each or something, with shipping on top.

He sold me a 24" to fit inside the ARB front uprights, and 2 x 15" for under the roof rack front and rear (work /rev light).

All 3 are dual row, Cree, and cost 120 euro all-in.

There's no screening plates, and they'd be handy here at test time because they have to be disabled on the test (I've got a master plug on the feed powering all the relays, under the bonnet, so I just pull that instead:lol:)

I too have issues with water, but 2 years on after fitment it's only condensation, there's no water collecting in there and it's only the 24" that steams up.

When on, it dries out.

No peeling paint (yet).

The light from them is great, especially after dark Offroad. The high one looms up all the trees and the fogs on the main on the winch bar scatter wide so all the verges and drop-offs are clearly visible :icon-biggrin:

I'd give mine 8/10 especially at the price I paid.

Back