Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

first works on my bj70

Hello Conrad, what are you doing to the interior? It's looking good on the outside so far.

First of all I will be respraying the Cruiser from the inside...then off to the electrician's to install alarm/central-locking, a device I bought from ebay to convert the truck to 12V, fixing of stereo and wiring...after off to the upholsterer to replace trims...not mentioning that I have parts still missing (arm-rests, console lid, etc.). Just yesterday I received the front armrests, but as far as the rear ones go, haven't found any, yet. Most probably I will end up eliminating them and replacing them with plain trims...

Just found a couple of faults in the electric system...so there might be a change of plan...most probably will be fixing all electric-related stuff (heater, a/c, conversion to 12V, fitting of stereo, central-locking and alarm, etc.) before spraying the inside...

Things seem to be going to worse.... :( Now it seems I have a problem with the fuel injection pump....some governor or something like that. The thing is I don't know shit about mechanics, so I keep going to and fro from Toyota's to the mechanic's in order to make sure I have the right parts...and some of them I'm afraid I'll have a hard time to get hold of, since I have an old model. :(

Thanks for the suggestion....In the meantime there were some updates as well...I found out that my engine is a 13B (looking up the internet I found that around 1990 some BJ LandCruisers were indeed fitted with 13B engines). This explains the fact that on my logbook the car is listed as 1991 (1st registration)....while I always thought that I had a 1986 model, also due to the fact that when I enter my Chassis number on Toyodiy.com....it says that it is a 1986 model. :? Anyways...I managed to get hold of a used 13B engine pump and my mechanic will be fitting it next week...fingers crossed it will turn out to be ok! :|

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Baby's back on the road....engine seems to be working fine now. However, I'll have to refrain from further restoration due to lack of funds because the pump problem wasn't in the plans, thus not budgeted for! :(

Glad you finally got some chrome mirrors ..... can 't wait to see it all done :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mirrors received and fitted!! :D ....will post some pics next week as i will be on holiday as from tomorrow :dance:

Appointment with the electrician next week...will be fixing some non-operational thingies and hopefully also install a CD player I had taken from my previous car...:)

Finally some sound in the car...after more than a year!!! I had a CD player installed and connected to the front speakers (originals)....found out they're not bad at all....the rear speakers will be fitted once I have the upholstery redone (still have to wait for that though :/)

Thanks...I just received the missing capacitors (or whatever they are) for the heater/blower...will have them fixed by next Friday...then next step will be servicing of a/c... :)

Had to replace driver's side window channel as the original one was extremely rusted and the window kept falling. Together with the channel I ordered the console lid as well....both are fitted now...will post some new pics soon...

However, again, due to lack of funds, I have to put restoration on hold once more! :(

think i've gotta have a look at my window runners soon ......

will be good to see some new pics :thumbup:

...some updated pics... ;)

IMAG00012.jpg

with the new chrome mirrors...
IMAG00022.jpg

IMAG00032.jpg

...with fixed centre console
IMAG00052.jpg

...and with stereo installed
IMAG00042.jpg

Back