Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

first works on my bj70

Simon_LJ70 said:
Making good progress there, what's left to do?

still a lot to do...spraying the interior, new upholstery, fixing of side steps, servicing of a/c....those are the main at the moment....but all on hold due to lack of funds :(

Anyways...cheers guys! Glad you like my baby! ;)

...more updates...

....found some other problems with the hub-seals. When I had the LC serviced, mechanic found the right-hand hub was dripping water...already fixed the right-hand side (freaking 600EUR parts/labour) ...now waiting to get the left one done as well although it's not as bad as the other...after that...if no other problems arise, I should resume the intended restoration :/

Finally! Today I got the parts for the left hub. Tomorrow I will fix an appointment with my mechanic.

i would like to see some pics of the engine.
in late 88 the 3B changed to the 3B II which can be identified by the exhaust manifold. so a pic of the bottom section of the exhaust manifold would be nice.
the tappet cover looks more like a PZ,HZ,KZ style for the 3B II
and the injection pump is rotory vrs the inline.

cheers and thanks

good looking rig.

My engine is a 13B (as in the Toyota Dyna). Will post some pics for you in the near future. :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
reason i ask, i have yet to see a factory 13B in a Land Cruiser of any vintage.
it might be a PO swap though.

BJ70 came with the 3B or the 3B II
the BJ71 came with the 13BT
but none came with the 13B from the factory ... if yours is actual then it is a extremely rare unit.

as for the year, post up the last 6 digits of the serial number and i can tell you the month and year of production.

I'm not that technical. When I asked the guy from whom I bought it, he said that it is an original engine (not swapped). Anyway...mya Engine number is 0914628. Thanks for the info! :)

Left hub finally ready! Now restarting building funds for some interior ;)

@ Crushers - I haven't forgotten you...I still need to take a pic of the engine for you! ;)

Crushers....these are mobile uploads of the engine...sorry they're a bit crappy, but I promise to upload some quality photos soon. :)

Photo_0008.jpg

Photo_0007.jpg

Photo_0006.jpg

Next week...appointment with the sprayer....will be spraying the inside...then pimping the interior :)

could i ask for some pics of the engine where i can actually see the engine?

...today I will be picking up some interior parts from DHL :D ...got them all the way from Australia :)

Looking smart Conrad, keep up the good work. Post more pics as soon as you can. :thumbup:

pics of newly-sprayed interior and engine (special request by crushers ;)), which still needs a good clean-up.

DSC02288.jpg

DSC02289.jpg

DSC02290.jpg

DSC02291.jpg

DSC02292.jpg

DSC02293.jpg

DSC02294.jpg

Next step....upholstery!...

Attachments

• DSC02288.jpg
    DSC02288.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 99