Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FJ120 - 1KZ-TE Engine Wiring Harness Needed *asap**

mattfj120

Country Flag
trinidad_tobago
Evening Folks, I am currently in a dilemma so I decided to join one of the best LC clubs there is so that I may see a light at the end of the tunnel. To be precise and to the point, I require the Electrical Harness for the 1 KZ-TE Engine for my Toyota Prado FJ120 Series. I am willing to pay via paypal at your price for one.

For further details:
Part Number OEM Toyota- 82111-6A281
Applications Include:
Land Cruiser Prado KZJ120L
Hilux Surf KZN130, KZN185
Hilux KZN165

Please inform me of your price and I will buy. Alternatively, I will appreciate if you can inform me of anyone (Individual/company/ junkyard) that you may know who would possibly have this item. Thank you.

One problem you might find is here in the UK, we were never sold the 1KZT-E engine in the 120 series. This engine only came in late 70 series, surfs, 4runners and of course the Colorado/Prado models. So although these use the same engine, the harness may be slightly different in terms of where it's run in the vehicle? Just a thought.... If not then try messaging a few people on ebay UK who are breaking 90 series and see if they can sort you a deal.

Alternatively, try "pradopoint" forum, as there in Australia they had the 120 series with the 1KZT-E engine.

Amayama (amayama.com) sell them. But they are 2100 USD, plus delivery and any import tax. They will be original, new, Toyota parts.

Matt, can I ask why you need one?

Matt, can I ask why you need one?

Sure, while the engine was out, I was transporting my FJ120 on a tow truck when somehow the harness got stuck in the drive shaft while the winch was pulling my FJ120 onto the tow truck's flatbed.

Ikr, thats just weird.

Sigh!

See the attached picture of my damaged harness. I am unable to source one below 2100USD.
Is there any 1KZ-TE Wiring diagram that can assist me to repair this harness back to original ?

IMG_20151107_095852.jpgIMG_20151107_095914.jpgIMG_20151107_095945.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Loads of wiring diagrams for 1kz in the 90 series section of the forum search through the very first thread "sticky"

Also as you are so close to Venezuela it might help to know the Toyota Meru sold there probably has the same engine .

Last edited:
Bad luck that is! It probably is repairable.... but I still think you could probably source a 90 series 1KZT-E harness for around 100 pounds plus shipping. I reckon that's the top side of what they would go for, just a guess?

Ahh, yes, I see…gotta agree there, you do rather need a new loom don't you. More total destruction I cannot imagine, that's proper cream crackered that is!!

Being a sparkie I know all too well that Sod's law has a whole annexe for cables. If you were disappearing off a cliff holding a piece of cable it wouldn't snag on anything,…not a thing. But do anything else with a cable, wire, loom etc. and it WILL catch hold of something…[emoji36]
Drives me nuts it does!

Breakers yard for anything with 1KZ-TE engine I suppose, but I'm guessing it's not as simple as that.

Keep all the bits just in case you do have to re build it. And good luck with the search.

Back