Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Foers Ibex 250S

looks very nice but for me it would hurt paying 13K and taking it round a pay/play site il stick with my old battered defender

IMO its a defender kitcar which is to say the best bits on it are defender parts and the rest is home made . Different doesn't necessarily mean it's good .

IMO its a defender kitcar which is to say the best bits on it are defender parts and the rest is home made . Different doesn't necessarily mean it's good .

Nonsense. Foers take the best bits of a defender, and use them as a basis for a superb off road workhorse. The defender is more of a kitcar.

Last edited:
having been in a challenge event with one I can say even in their standard form they will just about out perform anything, they are bang on but I wouldnt have one...its still a Landrover

J66P;369548 having been in a challenge event with one I can say even in their standard form they will just about out perform anything said:
I know what you're saying, No-matter how good it is I would lose so much face amongst my LR driving mates if I ever drove something with even a hint of LR DNA:oops:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The Defender is old even before it leaves the production line and is not exactly renowned for its reliability . And that's where the best bits come from . Billions have been spent by manufacturers over the years to work out how to make even the cheapest interior last 20 years , every hinge , bit of rubber and moving part is tested to destruction to ensure it will not fail under normal use . Kitcars no matter how well they are built can never match that kind of quality .

The off road performance of the Ibex is legendary among the serious off road fraternity. It's no more a kit car than an LC with suspension/body lifts, big tyres, bolt on winches etc.. As far as off roading is concerned it will easily out perform any road biased 4x4, of which the LC is one, but that was it's sole design brief. Compromise it is not.

I agree Phil, they are awesome off road, iff you want one with any engine/running gear they will make it. 6.2/6.5 Chevy diesels are a popular engine choice. Do they still make them in Rotherham?

Andy

Foers Engineering, Founded by John Foers, were indeed based in Parkgate Rotherham back in the 80's but are now located in Hexham. I guess the Ibex is closer to a Bowler Wildcat than a production Defender.

I did see one in action at slindon, it was a v8 and sounded lovely. with its three diff locks, meaty simex tyres and the power to match it did get through most parts. It did look very well put together.

Back