Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Folding aluminium camping table

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
I have been think of replacing our roll-top aluminium camping table with one with a once piece folding table, with an aluminium sheet top

since the rolltop one can be a faff to assemble and take down and pack in bag and also keep clean with all those slats...
a simple folding table, that slides under RTT would be perfect

i ruled out the ironman table as its coated MDF top, and they hide the table dimensions very well...

then i looked at the Eezi awn table, e.g. on APB website
http://www.expedition-equipment.com/products/campsite-furniture/tables/592-eezi-awn-k9-table-large

this mostly fits the bill - the length and width of table top are perfect
but £200 for a table, with a top that is only 68cm off the ground - will never get knees under that when sitting on chair...

cant seem to find ARB tables on the web anywhere... i have seen a couple in flesh and they looked ideal, i cannot remember dimensions of them though

anyone seen ARB ones for sale or any other contendors

I bought the Eezi awn medium size table in with the deal with my roofrack, you are right they are not very high. but this is as the legs fit inside the table it restricts the height some what
I was thinking of making some ally box leg extensions for it
David

hi David - how robust is the table ? and i guess it takes seconds to put up and take down?
yes i had thought it would be quite simple to extend the height

I just setup my current table now, and ooopss, embarrassingly :oops: its 70cm tall so only a tad higher than the Eezi awn..
and its 70 wide and 110cm long

so that large eezi-awn table will be fine as almost same dimensions at 1175 mm L x 750 mm W x 680 mm H

it would cost me about £70 in aluminium to make my own one, so given my design and labour time on top of that, the Eezi awn table is looking more attractive :whistle:

Not sure about the robustness of it as not used it yet, but I would say a lot better than the roll top one's

When you coming to Edinburgh next Andy ??

Or someone from here to Aberdeen? And I'll send the table up for you to work with ...

Thanks for offer Gary, i think i might just buy a table as i am going to have enough projects to work on when i get my hilux canopy

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back